• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Honey Glazed Shell pre-order is back in 3 styles. The Ottawa boot, Edward boot, and Traveler penny.
D and E widths available. This is Horween shell. The boots have micro-stud soles and the Penny has the butyl leather sole. This pre-order will be delivered in approximately 12 weeks.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.40.07 AM.png

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Honey Glazed Shell pre-order is back in 3 styles. The Ottawa boot, Edward boot, and Traveler penny.
D and E widths available. This is Horween shell. The boots have micro-stud soles and the Penny has the butyl leather sole. This pre-order will be delivered in approximately 12 weeks.

View attachment 1396128
Nice! I'm sure this has been answered in the past. Would I order the Traveller Penny in the same size as my Leo lasted PTB and LWB?

BrandonF

Reaction score
Speaking of shell, does anyone have Ashland Leather Shell watchstraps?

I just got a natural CXL wallet from them, and it matches my Dune Diesels very well. But now my current watch strap seems inadequate.

Last edited:

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice! I'm sure this has been answered in the past. Would I order the Traveller Penny in the same size as my Leo lasted PTB and LWB?

Most wear the same size in the loafer. However, those who have low insteps and want a snug fit go down half a size.

Speaking of shell, does anyone have Ashland Leather Shell watchstraps?

I just got a natural CXL wallet from them, and it matches my Dune Diesels very well. But now my current watch strap seems inadequate.

I just picked up one of their straps in color 8 and really like it. My previous strap was similar but with stitching, I prefer this one.

IMG_2203.jpg

phalanite

Reaction score
Anybody had any luck with insoles vs tongue pads?
I have a wide front of foot and asked advice here a few weeks back on sizing (toes fit yay but loose heel, big size 13s) and ended up keeping them based on that. But now wearing them almost daily on small walks with my son (ie way too late to return now) the eyelets/speedhooks of each half are hard against the other in the middle, just to feel decently secure on my foot and the heel has pulled in to fit much better.

Was looking at 3/4 length Superfeet for dress shoes, or trying to find tongue pads but unsure they'll fill the volume enough (only found weak looking cotton pad types shipping to Canada thus far). Just curious if anyone had similar situation, I've had insoles before that seem to make sweat pools below, didn't want to wreck these boots. If nobody has, sorry to bother, very much like them, just out of lacing space to tighen them that bit more to be perfect for my duck-ish feet. Thanks

Last edited:

BrandonF

Reaction score
I have a wide front of foot and asked advice here a few weeks back on sizing (toes fit yay but loose heel) and ended up keeping them based on that. But now wearing them almost daily on small walks with my son the eyelets of each half are hard against the other just to feel decently secure on my foot and the heel has pulled in to fit much better.

Was looking at 3/4 length Superfeet for dress shoes, or trying to find tongue pads but unsure they'll fill the volume enough (only found weak looking cotton pad types shipping to Canada thus far). Just curious if anyone had similar situation, I've had insoles before that seem to make sweat pools below, didn't want to wreck these boots. If nobody has, sorry to bother, very much like them, just out of lacing space to tighen them that bit more to be perfect for my duck-ish feet. Thanks

I use a tongue pad on one pair and it works pretty good. I

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a wide front of foot and asked advice here a few weeks back on sizing (toes fit yay but loose heel, big size 13s) and ended up keeping them based on that. But now wearing them almost daily on small walks with my son (ie way too late to return now) the eyelets/speedhooks of each half are hard against the other in the middle, just to feel decently secure on my foot and the heel has pulled in to fit much better.

Good question... I deal with this issue. I find Grant Stone boots to be too roomy over my low instep and narrow heel, requiring full lace closure at the top eyelet or speedhook.

I have had more success with 3/4 inserts or simple heel lifts than with tongue pads. I stopped using tongue pads because of the discomfort they gave in dress shoes. Maybe start with Tacco or Pedag leather 3/4 inserts. They are thin and offer very little heel lift. There are other options that give more heel lift if needed, but too much can compromise the fit of your heel and put more pressure on the ball of the foot when walking.

I also have Superfeet Slim and Superfeet Deluxe inserts, which are too narrow and too wide, respectively. They only work in certain footwear but are comfortable and supportive.

phalanite

Reaction score
Good question. I deal with this issue. I have had more success with 3/4 inserts or simple heel lifts than I have had with tongue pads. I stopped using tongue pads because of the discomfort they gave in dress shoes.

Maybe start with Tacco or Pedag leather 3/4 inserts. They are thin and offer very little heel lift. There are other options that give more heel lift if needed, but too much can compromise the fit of your heel.

I also have Superfeet Slim and Superfeet Deluxe inserts, which are too narrow and too wide, respectively. They only work in certain footwear but are comfortable and supportive.
Much appreciated, found the Pedag ones in Canada already, will order a pair and try it out, I appreciate it

Turns31

Reaction score
Not GS but if any of you are looking for a nice leather weekender bag I can't recommend this one enough. I've been looking for a good one for months and picked this one out for my anniversary gift. Super thick veg tanned leather that looks and smells amazing. Damn near every other bag I found was made with that cheap looking "crazy horse" leather with insane pull-up. I really don't understand the new trend of immediate and exaggerated patina. The color and feel of this bag remind me of Red Wing's Oro leather they use in their 875s. Size is great, price was totally reasonable for the quality and materials. You guys know how OCD I am. If something exceeds my expectations you know it's good. Also got to my door in 1.5 days.

IMG_20200529_123648.jpg
IMG_20200529_123654.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads