• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would very much love a Grant Stone cap toe blucher but with a more refined shape similar to Alden's Aberdeen. GS's Oliver last looks nice too.

Also, hello all. New to the forum. I am fairly new to GYW shoes and have quickly become a fan of Grant Stone. I noticed that GS seems to have a nice presence on this forum so I figured I would join to better keep up with upcoming product info.
Welcome aboard!! You have come to the right place for info about GS. Some find Alden Aberdeen a bit restrictive in the toe box, although it is a sleek design. The Oliver last makes a great dress-ier shoe and if looking for a cap toe shoe, you can't go wrong with them, easy to dress up or down.
IMG_0357.jpeg

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!! You have come to the right place for info about GS. Some find Alden Aberdeen a bit restrictive in the toe box, although it is a sleek design. The Oliver last makes a great dress-ier shoe and if looking for a cap toe shoe, you can't go wrong with them, easy to dress up or down.

They don't make bluchers in the Oliver though do they?

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't make bluchers in the Oliver though do they?
Not yet. I'm hoping it will be in the works sooner or later.

What I have arriving next week are GS cap toe boots in British tan calf and plain toe bluchers in saddle tan calf. I received cap toe boots in crimson CXL this week but decided the CXL look with these boots isn't for me. I think the tan calf version should dress up a bit better.

BrandonF

Reaction score

What I have arriving next week are GS cap toe boots in British tan calf and plain toe bluchers in saddle tan calf. I received cap toe boots in crimson CXL this week but decided the CXL look with these boots isn't for me. I think the tan calf version should dress up a bit better.

The saddle tan is very nice, I have the wedge sole bluchers.

For what it’s worth, the Crimson CXL looks better after a few (cream) polishes and develops a richer color. I have the LWB and find it dresses up quite well.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was in the same boat and opted for the tan calf over CXL. The tighter grain calf upper was really stiff at first but has gotten much better after just a few wears. I've also conditioned it several times, which is not that necessary, but I like soft leather. The calf cap toe IS somewhat dressier than Grant Stone's other boots, but the heavy welt/sole offsets that dressiness to make them look just as good with jeans as they do with khakis. They would certainly go with tweed or flannel trousers but I would not wear them with any but the most casual of suits.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The saddle tan is a great color on either a boot or a shoe. They can dress up, as you say.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede Gunboats today:

20200123_gs-lwbs.jpg

20200123_gs-lwbs2.jpg

(Not sure why the colors are so different in these pics: they were taken in the same room, in front of the same window, by the same camera - my phone - and they're night and day; the overhead shot is too light and the cords look green, and the profile shot makes the shoes look red. :puzzled:)

TheWolf

Reaction score
Suede Gunboats today:

View attachment 1323120

View attachment 1323121

(Not sure why the colors are so different in these pics: they were taken in the same room, in front of the same window, by the same camera - my phone - and they're night and day; the overhead shot is too light and the cords look green, and the profile shot makes the shoes look red. :puzzled:)
I was just telling my wife how much I like my bourbon suede ottawas... This makes makes me want a suede longwing.....

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suede Gunboats today:

View attachment 1323120

View attachment 1323121

You know the shoes, and the cords, look good in both photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads