• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GrantStone

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone was there an ivory Ottawa boot made before?
We had made samples before and @audog wanted a pair so it worked out. While I don't want to speak too soon, there may be a small run of these coming this year.

Well if you ever do a re-release in more widths, count me in. Coolest looking boot I’ve seen for a while.
I'm glad to hear that. We are hoping it becomes a core product for us and we can get into the widths.

Erikdayo

Reaction score
I have been resistant to wingtips thus far. Tried the AE Dalton in walnut a few months back and found it wasn't for me partly due to the burnished toe contrasting the vamp too much.

These Grant Stone coffee suede longwings really seem to hit it out of the park for my tastes. Such a beautiful and versatile color. I've been looking at pictures of the coffee and bourbon options to compare while at work today. Surely my other half will understand if I can't resist.

BrandonF

Reaction score
I have been resistant to wingtips thus far. Tried the AE Dalton in walnut a few months back and found it wasn't for me partly due to the burnished toe contrasting the vamp too much.

These Grant Stone coffee suede longwings really seem to hit it out of the park for my tastes. Such a beautiful and versatile color. I've been looking at pictures of the coffee and bourbon options to compare while at work today. Surely my other half will understand if I can't resist.
I have the coffee LWBs and love them. I think if I was going to do it again though, I'd go bourbon. Although it might be a grass is greener kind of thing...

Erikdayo

Reaction score
I have the coffee LWBs and love them. I think if I was going to do it again though, I'd go bourbon. Although it might be a grass is greener kind of thing...
That's interesting. What do you feel the advantages are to the bourbon version?

They both have a lot of appeal, but I am trying to not collect the same style in half a dozen colors like I've seen some people do. There is nothing wrong with that, of course. I am envious. I just feel it wouldn't be a wise decision for me at this time.

BrandonF

Reaction score

They both have a lot of appeal, but I am trying to not collect the same style in half a dozen colors like I've seen some people do. There is nothing wrong with that, of course. I am envious. I just feel it wouldn't be a wise decision for me at this time.
I went with coffee because I figured the darker color would be easier to keep clean, but every time I see a photo of the bourbon I'm like man that's nice.

mak1277

Reaction score

I have the bourbon version and they're great. For me, if I was going to get a darker suede I would want something sleeker so I could dress it up a little more. I think since the GS is a little more casual shoe, the lighter color works better (just my opinion...I could totally be biased by the desire for a chocolate suede AE Strand that's dancing in my head right now).

GrantStone

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a photo of a sneaker we are currently working on for later in the year. This one is still in the early stages and needs quite a few pattern adjustments but it feels good. This sample is using the Badalassi saddle tan. For our factory it's something fun to make since it is different than the GYW products.

This pair we are trying a leather insole bend (not leather lining on foam) with our normal lining and upper. It is a different feel for a sneaker but in a good way (not squishy).

2.jpg

jischwar

Reaction score
Here is a photo of a sneaker we are currently working on for later in the year. This one is still in the early stages and needs quite a few pattern adjustments but it feels good. This sample is using the Badalassi saddle tan. For our factory it's something fun to make since it is different than the GYW products.

This pair we are trying a leather insole bend (not leather lining on foam) with our normal lining and upper. It is a different feel for a sneaker but in a good way (not squishy).

View attachment 1323821
These look good. Will they be resoleable?

BrandonF

Reaction score

View attachment 1323821
Nice. What kind of sole are you using? Margom or something proprietary?

I have a pair of Koios and Greats, but I like the look of these. Very sleek and minimal on the stitching in a good way.

SJR3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1323821
Looks great! What sort of pattern adjustments do you have in mind? Anything that will change the look from what we see here? Or just subtle things? I'm glad to see Grant Stone doing this sort of shoe, and I definitely plan to buy at least one pair. Hoping you keep them light and comfortable. I had a pair of Buttero Tanino lows, and while I loved the look of them, they were surprisingly heavy for such a shoe, making them a but awkward to walk in at times despite fitting properly.

Will you offer black? And do you have an estimated price? Apologies for all the questions!

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Reaction score

View attachment 1323821
Big fan of low profile minimalist sneakers. That color looks great. Would definitely be interested in a tan, brown, or cream.

Any chance of a side view? Easier to get an idea of the toe profile that way. Looking forward to updates.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 132 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%