• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy CXL PTB with replacement laces (cheapos from Aliexpress) which I have tried to match with the welt, probably a bit darker than the welt but I think it works. Makes casual a bit more casual.

Swapped out the laces because the stock laces are just a bit short on my size 13 shoes and a bit difficult to knot.
(Pics with the Auto Filter on my Samsung Note 8)
20201209_094602.jpg
20201209_094646.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Navy CXL PTB with replacement laces (cheapos from Aliexpress) which I have tried to match with the welt, probably a bit darker than the welt but I think it works. Makes casual a bit more casual.

Swapped out the laces because the stock laces are just a bit short on my size 13 shoes and a bit difficult to knot.
(Pics with the Auto Filter on my Samsung Note 8)
View attachment 1512817 View attachment 1512818
Sweet, like the socks as well.

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the Cap Toe Boot in the Chocolate Antique Calf today. Bought these during the Black Friday sale. As a recent college graduate, I’ve never had enough cash to get a pair of high quality shoes or boots; I’ve always thrifted for them. So these are my first brand new, only for me, Goodyear welted boots. And let me tell you, these things are so damn sexy and equally as tough. Really stupendous quality, design, and construction.

7B18BE27-2EE3-460F-88A7-8DB8E3503A21.jpeg
01A09264-5279-4740-BC20-00C26A21A228.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the Cap Toe Boot in the Chocolate Antique Calf today. Bought these during the Black Friday sale. As a recent college graduate, I’ve never had enough cash to get a pair of high quality shoes or boots; I’ve always thrifted for them. So these are my first brand new, only for me, Goodyear welted boots. And let me tell you, these things are so damn sexy and equally as tough. Really stupendous quality, design, and construction.

View attachment 1513326 View attachment 1513335
Enjoy them, they look great!

cpr81

Reaction score

View attachment 1513326 View attachment 1513335
Those look great! I’ve been looking for some real world pics of the cap toes in that leather and these are the first I’ve seen. Would love to see some more pics with maybe some outside lighting if you get a chance.

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Those look great! I’ve been looking for some real world pics of the cap toes in that leather and these are the first I’ve seen. Would love to see some more pics with maybe some outside lighting if you get a chance.

I can get some different angle shots tomorrow at some point for sure!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm not Grant Stone, but my crimson CXL belt from Grant Stone is 4mm thick.
Wow, that’s almost 10oz leather if I am not mistaken, that is thick. I was figuring around 8oz or so

ifticar2

Reaction score
10 oz isn't unusual for a belt, 8 oz would probably be the minimum thickness for a leather belt. CXL tends to stretch, so its better that the belt is a bit thicker

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone what is the leather thickness of your belts?

They are right around 4mm as mentioned above. The hides are sorted to pull the thickest raw material for the belts since they are unlined. In my experience, trying to buy cow that exceeds 2.2mm is already pretty difficult, so these are some large animals. The CXL we buy for our boots is 1.8-2.0mm which is already a substantial leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads