• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a 10 in the loafers. Any recommendations on how to size the Leo last?
The question that comes to my mind first is "size 10 in what brands loafers, on what lasts?" Then, do you own any Grant Stone boots, bluchers or oxfords, and if so what size are you in them? I can say that I have found I wear the same size in the 3 GS lasts. Finally, contact GS directly for advice on sizing, they are great in helping.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cap Toe Boots for the afternoon
IMG_9072.jpeg

lcdx22

Reaction score
I wear a 9E in the 511 and a 9d in the Leo. If you take an E in the barrie, I’d try 13e Leo first.

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah I could maybe be a 12.5 in Barrie but I'd probably have to go up to 12.5 EE or EEE.

I'll try 13 E in Leo as there doesn't' appear to be 12.5 sizing and go from there.

Thanks,
Robert

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does the Leo last fit? I am a 13E in the AE 97 and 511 lasts as well as Alden Barrie for reference. Should I do 13 E in Leo as well?
Don't know if it will help, but I'm an 8.5 D in Barrie, and in Leo as well as AE HM's, however I can wear a 9D without problems if wear thicker socks. Feet are actually closer to an 8.75, but still have plenty of toe room in Leo at 8.5.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Don't know if it will help, but I'm an 8.5 D in Barrie, and in Leo as well as AE HM's, however I can wear a 9D without problems if wear thicker socks. Feet are actually closer to an 8.75, but still have plenty of toe room in Leo at 8.5.

Thanks. this is helpful. I am a 13E in HM as well.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the Leo last fit? I am a 13E in the AE 97 and 511 lasts as well as Alden Barrie for reference. Should I do 13 E in Leo as well?
One half size down (same width) from my Brannock and AE 65 last size; same size as my Alden Barrie and Trubalance size works perfectly for me. My Leo lasted footwear are among the most comfortable that I own.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first ever pair of Grant Stones: Crimson Ottawa’s on leather soles. Still one of my favorites. Hard to imagine a more comfortable pair of boots. Love walking on those comfortable Grant Stone leather soles. Heaven. View attachment 1263196
I, also, love the GS leather sole and kind of wish everything was made with a choice of leather or rubber sole. But Good Grief, think of the inventory issues that would present...........

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, also, love the GS leather sole and kind of wish everything was made with a choice of leather or rubber sole. But Good Grief, think of the inventory issues that would present...........
Which is why I buy just about every boot on a leather sole they release.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads