• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone what is the collar made of from a material standpoint on the Field boot?

The saddle tan is using the coffee suede and the others are full grain tumbled cow in a lighter weight (1.4-1.6mm).

Field boot looks like a nice addition. Will the "Earth" or "Dark Burgundy Kudu" be available in EEE? Also the Bison looks a good bit different than what I have on the diesel? It looks good just different.

As of right now just the bison and saddle tan will be EEE. The saddle tan EEE will come in later next month.

Good article here on Stitchdown that also happens to answer your question about the Bison leather: https://www.stitchdown.com/brands/grant-stone/grant-stone-field-boot-review/
Basically, it's a completely unique natural grain pattern per each boot.

I met one of the salesmen at Seidel years ago before he worked for the tannery. Once I realized he was at Seidel, only a few hour drive from us, I visited the tannery to take a look at some of their articles. I asked what some of their core leathers were, something that would be different than what we currently offer and he showed me the bison.

They have plated versions of the bison but these american bison hides have such heavy grain naturally (and are huge), we opted for the non-plated article. The tannage has a lot of oil and wax so it has a heavy pull-up effect as well. Its the thickest article we currently use at roughly 2.2-2.4mm, and they can still go much heavier if needed. The grain structure is less dense so it's forgiving.

The bison used on the field boot and diesel are the same article, there's just a variance in the grain pattern on each pair.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeebus - I take a bit of a "life-is-cray" break and now I see a smorgasbord of really cool leathers. Multiple Kudu and Kangaroo options, Essex and Minerva, roughout and waxed leathers (I think the Natural Waxed Commander looks like a sleeper star...), etc. Sky Reverse Kudu? and now Bison?

My wife has said more than once "All your boots and shoes look the same." I she's said it less (and the presence of the natty 'roo and Forest Kudu help), but when I look at what our friends at GS are putting out there, there's a ton of color variety that's easy to wear. That's pretty fun.

Since the caffeine hasn't really kicked in, I have no point. ;)

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Bison
IMG_6579.jpg

whipcord

Reaction score
Can anybody here chime in on fit with the Traveler Penny? I'm wondering how they should fit out of the box since there are no laces. Should I be able to push my foot forward and fit a finger behind my heel like they say about dress shoes? It's hard trying to imagine what these shoes will become and if these fit properly.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody here chime in on fit with the Traveler Penny? I'm wondering how they should fit out of the box since there are no laces. Should I be able to push my foot forward and fit a finger behind my heel like they say about dress shoes? It's hard trying to imagine what these shoes will become and if these fit properly.
I can't do that with mine. I'm a shoe-horn guy, and the fit for mine are without any "slack". I honestly didn't think they'd fit until my foot was in - definitely not a finger-width behind the heel for me. They didn't rub or hurt me at all, though the vamp was a little tight at first.

whipcord

Reaction score
I can't do that with mine. I'm a shoe-horn guy, and the fit for mine are without any "slack". I honestly didn't think they'd fit until my foot was in - definitely not a finger-width behind the heel for me. They didn't rub or hurt me at all, though the vamp was a little tight at first.

Thank you. I need a shoehorn to get these on with socks, and if I push my foot as far forward as possible, I can only fit like half the tip of my finger in. I would have to try to jam it in with force to get it to go. My concern is not that they are too small, but that they are not as "snug" as they should be. I may have difficulty getting into an 11D initially, but since these have an unstructured toe I thought they may be worth a shot. Can't do 11D in the Diesels or Brass Boot. These are 11.5D.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads