• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm still looking for the perfect polo. I have some suitsupply cotton/cashmere ones that feel nice and soft and fit well, but the collar is too floppy. I've had Luxire copy an Eidos polo just from pictures, so I'm wondering how that will turn out. I would've bought an original one, but they don't have any stores in Europe.

I've heard good things about Kent Wangs Polos. I do not have personal experience with them. Maybe someone can chime in about them or you could ask in the KW thread.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Kent Wangs Polos. I do not have personal experience with them. Maybe someone can chime in about them or you could ask in the KW thread.

+1 - especially if the concern is floppy collars

Thank you for the advice, but I tend to refrain from ordering things from the US nowadays. Shipping can take very long, 3-4 weeks, things get stuck at customs and when you get charged it's usually 30% of the retail price+shipping. For example, I bought two ties about 5 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a Kent Wang and quite like it. I saw the Eidos polo collars that Nick Pollica was sporting and thought they looked quite rakish, a bit higher, more like a shirt collar. KW's polos have a slightly higher collar band than a typical polo, which often has none and looks like ****. Still, I would like something between KW's and Eidos, though I'd definitely buy another KW. Still, really, how many polos does one need?

I've also tried one from Billy Reid, which is not as good as the KW, IMO (thinner MOP buttons, some design elements that seem to me unnecessary, though it makes it stand out, wimpier collar). Still, it's not bad, and back in the day, you could get one for $30 at Mr. Porter in the sale.

Last edited:

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, but I tend to refrain from ordering things from the US nowadays. Shipping can take very long, 3-4 weeks, things get stuck at customs and when you get charged it's usually 30% of the retail price+shipping. For example, I bought two ties about 5 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived.
What did you buy?

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't think about that. Have you ever tried Polos from Charles Tyrwhitt?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not to derail, but since we are on summer shirts, I've sort of maxed out blue summer casual patterns. Light blue and navy gingham (small scale), some blue chambray/mottled linen or linen/cotton. Would like to get a blue university stripe, but I'm becoming monotonous.

Am thinking of a tobacco brown and solid navy linen, and perhaps some stripes in other colors (e.g. red, brown, gray). But this is all within the same area!

Madras would be great. But can I ask thread participants for their top two summer patterns that are different from what I have or am thinking about for inspiration (and pics would be awesome).

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer Madras from Propercloth

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is this BNTailor? The bottom I have in some form or another (two different shades of blue), but it also looks the nicest of the bunch! The middle is too bright but I can see certain complexions looking smashing in it. I'm not feeling the first, though I like the green in principle.

I'm thinking if not BD, then a cutaway (was it TM79 or Europrep who posted an Inglese red gingham cutaway in the NMWA or WAYWRN thread...thought it made for a nice, non-floppy, non-BD casual collar). So of the three collars, on the first green shirt's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads