• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt seems rather tight in the chest area. Can you move around in it freely?
Pants seem to be too tight as well...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's size 50? I see 32, 34, etc. on the panta site.

My bad, I've got euro-sizing on the brain. Size 34

This.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
What the **** is up with those pants, man?

You've got major moose knuckle and wedgie going there.

These are the same size and cut as some of my better fitting chinos. I agree these ones don't look great. Hopefully my Noodle's weight loss challenge will correct it a bit.

Pants seem to be too tight as well...

Didn't notice at all until you said something. I have no trouble moving in it at all. I feel like it fits very well. I'm not getting any pulling at the buttons, but I do see what you guys are saying with the wrinkling near the chest/armpits. What adjustment would you recommend I ask Luxire to make on the next shirt? + 0.5" in the chest?

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What size and cut/make are those?

Doesn't look like they have enough material in the front or back. Are you sure you haven't pulled a noodles and are trying to shoehorn yourself into too small a size?

These are the same size and cut as some of my better fitting chinos. I agree these ones don't look great. Hopefully my Noodle's weight loss challenge will correct it a bit.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luv2breformed, the problem is more of luxire not accounting for your sloping shoulders. It's a common problem with their shirts, you will notice that the wrinkles dissappear if you shrug your shoulders up. Try it. Of course you should add a touch to the chest, around 0.25 inches, but the wrinkles near your armpit won't dissappear unless they address the slope.

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But ask them to add it to the front panels only, as you seem to have plenty of room in the back.

Robstrongo

Reaction score

I too would like to chime in here; in the interest of offsetting a recent outflow of cash to the fine folks at NMWA, I'd like to offer first crack to my posse here at Noodles' House of Sartorial Corrections at some fantastic Panta...pants (yeah, I coulda said trousers/trews/whatever).

Non-vanity sized 50, brand new unworn, unaltered. One pair staple light grey mid weight flannel, one pair rich medium brown (lovely color, damnit) in a similar weight, perhaps a bit thinner, and one pair of heavier weight medium grey cashmere barleycorn. These never fit, and at this point never will. Come with all the typical Panta bells and whistles. Will be sad to see them go, but at least I know I have a good fit in Rota's now.

Also have a great pair of practically unworn suede Buttero's via NMWA, in the oh-so-small size of 39. This is the cream of what I will be selling at the moment, plus may have to cull some unused/unworn ties at some point.

Let me know if there's interest and I can provide measurements, pics, etc. Before I actually have to get my **** together and post these up "officially". Will have to figure out reasonable pricing; I don't wanna take too bad a hit, you don't wanna pay more than you wanna pay. Currently offered by Ed at $279 retail. http://www.pantaclothing.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=98

@jrd617- that is pretty amusing.

I would be interested in the light grey flannel and possibly the brown pair depending on the thigh measurements. I ordered the light grey flannel and unfortunately had to return them because the thigh measurement was nowhere near what Ed had listed on the sizing chart on the site.

luv2breformed

Reaction score

What size and cut/make are those?

Doesn't look like they have enough material in the front or back. Are you sure you haven't pulled a noodles and are trying to shoehorn yourself into too small a size?

These are brooks brothers Milano size 33 advantage chino. I got torn a new one here when I posted size 32 previously. I just posted a fit yesterday in the mc casual thread wearing Milano size 33 chino and everyone said they fit great. The difference my be between their standard and their "advantage chino". Regardless, they are too low rise for my preference anyway, and I won't be purchasing more of them.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would be interested in the light grey flannel and possibly the brown pair depending on the thigh measurements. I ordered the light grey flannel and unfortunately had to return them because the thigh measurement was nowhere near what Ed had listed on the sizing chart on the site.

I can check in a while, and post up some pics as well, though perhaps it's better to do this via pm, so it doesn't become a b&s ext? Just a thought (have received several pms already). Perhaps I can post up pics here and interested parties can contact me via pm?

luv2breformed

Reaction score

Luv2breformed, the problem is more of luxire not accounting for your sloping shoulders. It's a common problem with their shirts, you will notice that the wrinkles dissappear if you shrug your shoulders up. Try it. Of course you should add a touch to the chest, around 0.25 inches, but the wrinkles near your armpit won't dissappear unless they address the slope.

Yeah, .5 or 1" to the chest. My Luxire oxfords have shrunken quite a bit, so take that into account as well.

But ask them to add it to the front panels only, as you seem to have plenty of room in the back.

Thanks for the great stuff, guys. Shrugging the shoulders indeed made the wrinkles disappear entirely. Should I ask for any additional fabric rather than .5 in the chest in order to account for shrinkage?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A good shirt company should adjust for shrinkage if you tell them your target measurement. Will depend on the fabric.

Also before adding or subtracting now is probably a good time to take body measurements too and see what the allowances are. For example it's standard I think to allow for four inches at waist for even RTW slim in many cases. Three inches would be pushing it leading to gaping when you sit. You want to know where you're at now, shirt measurement relative to body measurement.

That said, a striking amount of folding in the back. It looks darted but might still slim it, taking from back panel. But note your waist measurement.

And always do adjustments in small increments. Go a few shirts at a time. Don't assume a single adjustment will clearly be perfect. MTM is a process and sometimes alng one. Big orders only at the end. My 2cents.

Evolve

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey Noodle folks, luv2b's pics have prompted me to finally take the plunge and try a Kamakura BD collar shirt, even though their sizing is less than ideal. I'm not sure what fabric to go with. I want this shirt to be as versatile as possible, i.e. able to wear it alone with chinos or dressed up with a worsted suit and tie. I normally prefer a spread collar with a suit, but I think Kamakura's BD collars look great with suits (especially in Henry Carter's fits).

I'm going with a solid blue, but what weave? Regular oxford, pinpoint, royal oxford, or dobby? My thoughts are that regular oxford would be just a bit too casual to go wear with a worsted suit, but preferable when wearing the shirt with no jacket. Royal oxford or pinpoint would be better when wearing with a suit, but less than optimal when wearing alone with chinos. And I'm not entirely sure what dobby is. Anyone care to educate me?

^ Just kinda thinking out loud hear. Would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. If I can find a fit/size that works for me, I'll eventually get several Kamakuras, but for now, I'm looking for something of a OneShirt. :foo:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WTF?
This is Drake's? The same company? I love how the copy is "Exclusively Ours"....yeah, I wonder why? I'll provide the link because you know, it's on sale and it's Drake's http://www.barneys.com/on/demandwar...ate&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-.NOZ4z5B610kwDf9al0R4w
this is something i rarely say, but that must be killed with fire. there is nothing good that could come of that monstrosity.
Thought everyone would be as amused by this GIF as I was creating it... It's in regards to the recent streak of spammers, and stitchy's new mod (superhero?) powers
that is amazing.
I think so. He's a full mod now, not just hall monitor
indeed i am. though right now i am focusing my efforts on spam more than anything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads