• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

give me some bad news

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Slightly lighter-hearted fare:

Still a senior in high school. girlfriend broke up with me in june and got with another guy very shortly after. Was planning on getting a date to homecoming because it shows I have social skills and like girls and stuff. Prospective date - who said said she would've loved to go otherwise - is going to Yale for homecoming weekend AND was confirmed to have mono today. Great!

Not enough social skills to approach somebody I don't know in a week and no other good prospects. Social skills fail

P.S. Wetnose I just want you to know you have my sympathy

Similar thing happened to me before prom (break up with gf a week before). But I got an even hotter girl in about a day. So it was fine.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Slightly lighter-hearted fare:

Still a senior in high school. girlfriend broke up with me in june and got with another guy very shortly after. Was planning on getting a date to homecoming because it shows I have social skills and like girls and stuff. Prospective date - who said said she would've loved to go otherwise - is going to Yale for homecoming weekend AND was confirmed to have mono today. Great!

Not enough social skills to approach somebody I don't know in a week and no other good prospects. Social skills fail

P.S. Wetnose I just want you to know you have my sympathy

Solution, find cute junior or sophomore you know or a friend knows and have her go with you. Keep it totally platonic (at least you will tell her that) then go from there.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Thanks for revealing your true self, assmunch.

Sorry, we were still at the joke-making portion of the thread. If I'd have known **** was going to get real, I would have been nicer.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
I just found out my friends week old baby couldn't recover from open heart surgery.

Condolences to your friends...that is a very sad thing indeed.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the teachers at my highschool just passed away, died in a hit and run by a student of the graduating class. Well liked by everyone, taught at the school for 14 years, and I'm really surprised at the community of students banding together to honor him. It really makes you think about the impact that one person has =/

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
One of the teachers at my highschool just passed away, died in a hit and run by a student of the graduating class. Well liked by everyone, taught at the school for 14 years, and I'm really surprised at the community of students banding together to honor him. It really makes you think about the impact that one person has =/

A terrible thing for sure...was it an accident or intentional?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
...since my liver is too far gone. Treatment only works well for semi healthy livers, not mine.

As for a transplant, that's doable but I'm low on the priority list since I don't fit the "perfect" profile.

wetnose, if you have such a damaged liver, and it wasn't damaged because of any type of behavioral or addiction issues, then why are you low on the priority list? I'm not doubting you - just confused.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads