• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second update.

Dean has contacted me further and offered to fit toe taps for free if I pay the postage so in essence £30 for peace of mind isn't too bad a deal.

I think I will have toe taps (or at the very least pins) fitted to all shoes in future.

Sorry, so net you are out 30 quid for their oversight...free toe caps ok, but net net you pay? Honestly GG....if you bore the postage you would have much more publicity and goodwill than you could ever have for having paid the 30 quid any other way. Sorry, but I`m not going the bandwagon that you got a great deal here. Toe caps might go for 100`s of quid or whatever, but you know what the cost of these are...5 quid, 10 quid? I`d say any mistake should be covered with goodwill and more, period. The customer should not be out of pocket for any mistake, postage or not. Thats the cost of doing business and keeping goodwill.

Last edited:

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in essence £30 for peace of mind isn't too bad a deal.

Very generous offer for Dean as they charge quite a bit for flushed taps. Hope no more issues arise.

No keys to the store???
But joking aside, Dean is a really good guy. Great customer service skills.

This is the epitome of fantastic customer service. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, but I`m not going the bandwagon that you got a great deal here.

if one thing's clear, it's that the beauty of any deal is in the eye of the beholder. That's all that matters, @Steven Cash. Wear your newly-armoured shoes in good health. :cheers:

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, so net you are out 30 quid for their oversight...free toe caps ok, but net net you pay? Honestly GG....if you bore the postage you would have much more publicity  and goodwill than you could ever have for having paid the 30 quid any other way. Sorry, but I`m not going the bandwagon that you got a great deal here. Toe caps might go for 100`s of quid or whatever, but you know what the cost of these are...5 quid, 10 quid? I`d say any mistake should be covered with goodwill and more, period. The customer should not be out of pocket for any mistake, postage or not. Thats the cost of doing business and keeping goodwill. 

I have a feeling to fix the problem, which would've just been re-gluing the piece, it'd have been free. Instead they are doing toe taps which is more than fixing the problem so there's a little premium associated with it. However he's still saving a fair amount of money on the toe taps. Feels like a great deal to me

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tried to snap a quick picture on Santa Monica blvd....but thought it would be a little awkward so this will half to suffice. Cheers to the redeye back across the country! :(

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
I have a feeling to fix the problem, which would've just been re-gluing the piece, it'd have been free. Instead they are doing toe taps which is more than fixing the problem so there's a little premium associated with it. However he's still saving a fair amount of money on the toe taps. Feels like a great deal to me

That was exactly the agreement. Not sure why G&G would charge £90 for toe taps (particularly as Cleverley do this for free) though £30 is obviously much more reasonable and to be honest I wouldn't have felt sufficiently reassured with them just being re-glued.

They have arrived back today and the toe taps are a nice addition and of course functionally superior.

My biggest bug bear is that after all this G&G forgot to send my shoe trees back!
baldy[1].gif

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
G&G toe taps were £50 add-on when I ordered some MTOs last week.

That is very interesting - thank you.

I think my opinion of both G&G's products and customer service are well known on this thread but that just reinforces my opinion.

3 out of 4 pairs of G&Gs have been faulty! In fact I have seen more perfect C&J seconds than my first pair of MTO that came straight from the factory.

atia2

Reaction score

G&G toe taps were £50 add-ons when I ordered some MTOs last week.

I was quoted £90 on my RTW pair in the Savile Row shop. I got them done very nicely by a central London cobbler for £20 instead.

(P.S. not trying to suggest GG is overcharging here - it must be much more costly for them to divert factory resources to toe-tapping than for a cobbler who is set up to do precisely that kind of work.)

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
Toe taps installed as per the many recommendations on here and in particular the advice of my good friend @fritzl .

I actually think they look nicer with them which is a bonus.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Toe taps installed as per the many recommendations on here and in particular the advice of my good friend @fritzl . I actually think they look nicer with them which is a bonus.
Problem solved enjoy & agree they do look nice I don't need them but got them any way on all my gg shoes coming in.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads