• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually interested in either a Gable or the Jodhpur with the croc/gator strap on either the TG73 or a deco last.

armsignet

Reaction score
I just did a quick google for this new round deco last and I agree with you - the classic chiseled one is better.

Can anyone provide direct a comparison of the Deco lasts vs. StC Novella last? Both seem to have additional elongation while maintaining continuity of shape. Wondering about the fit, though.

OREO

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why G&G (and other manufacturers) make such a story about different widths?
When i visited the store they said that if i wanted a different width of a standard model i'd need to pay mto prices.
Now it looks like gmto through skoak is going to need several orders of the same width before they will allow. What part of the manufacturing process is this causing a problem in regards to this?

blue2007

Reaction score
Took a trip today at the GG store in London. Great selection of shoes and super cool guys. We chatted and looked at shoes for over an hour.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone explain why G&G (and other manufacturers) make such a story about different widths?
When i visited the store they said that if i wanted a different width of a standard model i'd need to pay mto prices.
Now it looks like gmto through skoak is going to need several orders of the same width before they will allow. What part of the manufacturing process is this causing a problem in regards to this?

I always stress over this too, being an H (eu) or EEE (U.S.) width. It's been explained to me that some manufactures may not have physical lasts for every width in every size for each last model they offer, so in some case, a new one may have to be made. Also, the pattern of the shoe scales differently when the width increases independently from the length, so new patterns may have to be designed.

OREO

Reaction score
I think that would explain the price hike for some manufacturers, but i don't think this applies to G&G who have small number of lasts.
Wow, being an H width must be tough, i'm an F and i'm struggling

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe as stock models are made off one set of lasts and patterns, wide width would require changing last and pattern of shoe which slows down assembly line?

That said quite a few F widths here, just no consensus of getting a GMTO done

Nice deep chameleon patina, wish we could order them through retailer:
https://instagram.com/p/7iIum2yIV9/?taken-by=gazianogirling

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yes sir I would join you definitely on jodhpur with gator strap on deco or tg73 last :slayer:

I looked in to this combination with G&G a while ago and they were reluctant to do it because the strap which are one piece take the full length of an alligator skin and only leave offcuts unsuitable shapes for shoes. In fact the straps are curved like a boomerang shape so when wrapped around the boot they lay flush at the front where the boot is angled. However, they said they could compromise and put a joint in to the strap for alligator to keep the price more inviting. I would not mind a joint here because alligator isn't a smooth surface and it won't be seen.
I can get a price if anyone is interested. I'm definitely interested on the Deco

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I looked in to this combination with G&G a while ago and they were reluctant to do it because the strap which are one piece take the full length of an alligator skin and only leave offcuts unsuitable shapes for shoes. In fact the straps are curved like a boomerang shape so when wrapped around the boot they lay flush at the front where the boot is angled. However, they said they could compromise and put a joint in to the strap for alligator to keep the price more inviting. I would not mind a joint here because alligator isn't a smooth surface and it won't be seen.
I can get a price if anyone is interested. I'm definitely interested on the Deco

If you can get the price that would be greatly appreciated. Me & mw313 are interested in jodhpurs boot with crock strap we originally seen this in John L jodhpurs boots with crock strap made to order by leather soul store. If you dont all ready know what I am talking about to get an idea you can go to there site & do a search on jodhpur. But G&G or jl both would work depending upon price. But prefer G&G.

Last edited:

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Took a trip today at the GG store in London. Great selection of shoes and super cool guys. We chatted and looked at shoes for over an hour.

Thanks for the photos! Next time I'm in London I'll have to pay a visit and augment my collection...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that would explain the price hike for some manufacturers, but i don't think this applies to G&G who have small number of lasts.
 Wow, being an H width must be tough, i'm an F and i'm struggling

Actually, I'm H in EU measurements for brands like Vass and Bonafe, for whom F is standard width. For CJ, I am a G. I don't own any GG currently, but have been dreaming about a vintage Rioja Burlington for a few months now.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, I'm H in EU measurements for brands like Vass and Bonafe, for whom F is standard width. For CJ, I am a G. I don't own any GG currently, but have been dreaming about a vintage Rioja Burlington for a few months now.

Get them you won't be disappointed for me it was that or Sinatra & I ended up getting Sinatra & yes pictures to follow once I get them :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads