• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X post from my Instagram page, but I am delighted to say that, finally, my flash sale purchase has arrived! Despite the long wait, I'm already regretting not trying to get a few more at the time View attachment 1017451 View attachment 1017452 View attachment 1017453 View attachment 1017454 View attachment 1017455 View attachment 1017456
Your Deco Last Shoes look awesome and Congrats for getting them at a steal.
I also wish i had ordered more shoes at that price even after having 20 plus pairs of G&G's.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ageing shoes - my Holdens in vintage chestnut as they were brand-new nearly 3 years ago on the right ... and how they were (after an albeit dustier-than-expected walk up a longer-than-expected drive to the Farnborough Airshow) last month.

They looked great back then. And IMO, they look even better now (pardoning the dust). Great shoes are meant to be worn.

37990379_1816074261779105_6144770394256572416_n.jpg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ageing shoes - my Holdens in vintage chestnut as they were brand-new nearly 3 years ago on the right ... and how they were (after an albeit dustier-than-expected walk up a longer-than-expected drive to the Farnborough Airshow) last month.

They looked great back then. And IMO, they look even better now (pardoning the dust). Great shoes are meant to be worn.

Agree. And they definitely look more alive, with more personality now than when new!

sforum1

Reaction score

not even close. There is no comparison between the left shoe and the one on the right.

What are the socks you are wearing on the left? I would like to get the same ones. The shoes too but apparently you need to wait 3 years for those.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not even close. There is no comparison between the left shoe and the one on the right.

What are the socks you are wearing on the left? I would like to get the same ones. The shoes too but apparently you need to wait 3 years for those.

Thanks! The socks are Bresciani OTC bottle green microdots from thevenetiantrader - you can buy them here.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @Kangnamstyles and very nice video.
This Video reinforces that G&G bespoke shoe is only needed when you cant fit into their RTW lasts as majority of the components are the same for RTW/MTO and fit/feel is similar to bespoke if not same. The G&G resole is done by replacing the insole/welt/oak bark sole and refinishing the uppers as well which many RTW makers don't do (they only replace sole).
Its great to know you are getting the top quality components in RTW/MTO similar to bespoke when you are paying $1000 upwards for a shoe.
A good compromise for G&G Bespoke is definitely MTO where you can personalize the shoe and recently i also got to know that G&G can add toe space in front for a MTO if the last is too narrow for no extra cost.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @Kangnamstyles and very nice video.
This Video reinforces that G&G bespoke shoe is only needed when you cant fit into their RTW lasts as majority of the components are the same for RTW/MTO and fit/feel is similar to bespoke if not same. The G&G resole is done by replacing the insole/welt/oak bark sole and refinishing the uppers as well which many RTW makers don't do (they only replace sole).
A good compromise for G&G Bespoke is definitely MTO where you can personalize the shoe and recently i also got to know that G&G can add toe space in front for a MTO if the last is too narrow for no extra cost.

That's really good to know about their resole process/service and the MTO. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to keep that in mind for future purchases.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want the MTO section of the website to get back up and running. I used to play with it all the time pricing out exotic skin shoes.

simian

Reaction score
Your Deco Last Shoes look awesome and Congrats for getting them at a steal.
I also wish i had ordered more shoes at that price even after having 20 plus pairs of G&G's.

The post got me thinking about the number of pairs of shoes that a G&G afficianado should have. I was discussing this with Neus and she said that it should be 20. I have 10 and am struggling to wear them all (with all the others that I have). So, here's the question (two questions, I guess): how many pairs of G&G do you have, how many pairs would you have in an unconstrained world?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The post got me thinking about the number of pairs of shoes that a G&G afficianado should have. I was discussing this with Neus and she said that it should be 20. I have 10 and am struggling to wear them all (with all the others that I have). So, here's the question (two questions, I guess): how many pairs of G&G do you have, how many pairs would you have in an unconstrained world?

LOL 20, Neus is awesome. I am almost there I think. I will have to do a count when I get home.

ant922599

Reaction score

Oh god - I've got some way to go having only recently started acquiring G&G.

I'm only on 5, but can certainly see 10 being a target with the models I have on my wish list at the moment!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads