• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gave this makeup some serious thougt especialy since only 25% is due. thats a great ******* boot i would be all over it but speedhooks was enough back me off the ledge

From what I know, all Gg models that were once stocked at SkoAB can be refilled as long as same specs. Therefore you should be able to reorder the blind eyelet one but at 50% which is probably good because of exchange rate

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I know, all Gg models that were once stocked at SkoAB can be refilled as long as same specs. Therefore you should be able to reorder the blind eyelet one but at 50% which is probably good because of exchange rate

I wasn't aware of that, but I really haven't been in the market for too many G&G's to this point.

jkater1

Reaction score
Was going to post a sizing question, with the talk of new members needing to sell discounted product, not sure this is a great idea but here it goes. I think I'm going to throw down on a pair of the Thorpe's through Skoak, they suggest maybe an f fitting. I wear a 10/10.5e on EG 606 & 64, and a 10d Barrie. Have you guys had to go up a width on the MH71?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I thought I was new blood. I've only gotten my first Gg and EG like 3 months ago and Allen Edmonds a year ago. I'm trying to convince my friends to go Edward green and Gg but the jump from Kenneth Cole to Allen Edmonds is easier by comparison.

good idea. jump them to AE first and then you can try them up to Alden, Carmina, and Crockett & Jones. Then you can try to get them to move up more to EG and GG. It will be less of a sticker shock and they will start to see the difference in the level of finishing that way. That is how I did it.

For me it was Mezlan and Magnanni first. Then AE followed by Alden and old style Church's. Then C&J. Then moved up to EG/GG level. Now there is no turning back.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was going to post a sizing question, with the talk of new members needing to sell discounted product, not sure this is a great idea but here it goes. I think I'm going to throw down on a pair of the Thorpe's through Skoak, they suggest maybe an f fitting. I wear a 10/10.5e on EG 606 & 64, and a 10d Barrie. Have you guys had to go up a width on the MH71?

I wear a 10D Barrie (which is actually a little wide for me) and wear a 10E on the MH71, which fits really, really well. Can you wear the 82 last from EG in an E fitting? The 606 and 64 are both a bit wider in my experience.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is an update to the Burgundy Highland Grain GMTO that I am trying to organize through Skoak. We have 4 confirmed right now on the E width. At this point, it should come just in time for the fall. Perfect time to order. Let's make this happen.

Just a reminder for the specs:

Burgundy Highland Grain
Exposed antiqued brass eyelets (all eyelets)
Double Dainite with storm welt
MH71

Members currently with confirmed interest in E width:
myself
@ikaika122
@Nullson
@justinkapur

Members with potential interest in F width
@sacafotos
@sleepyinsanfran

I have had inquiries from the following members who were doing their diligence - perhaps you are in now?
@rydenfan
@KenRose
@gngrprince
@IGotId
@jkater1

We still do not have the elusive 5 of the same width orders to take it to the next step. Shoot me a PM if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Awesome mock up to give you a taste of what the finished boot will look like:

Two photos of burgundy highland grain on other makeups under different lighting conditions:

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

good idea. jump them to AE first and then you can try them up to Alden, Carmina, and Crockett & Jones. Then you can try to get them to move up more to EG and GG. It will be less of a sticker shock and they will start to see the difference in the level of finishing that way. That is how I did it. 

For me it was Mezlan and Magnanni first. Then AE followed by Alden and old style Church's. Then C&J. Then moved up to EG/GG level. Now there is no turning back. 

My G&G journey was

Payless (back in college) --> Bass (after first internship) -->AE (graduation present) --> A Testoni --> (Jeffery West - I know, serious detour) --> Barker/Cheaney (back on track) -->C&J -->Lodger/Lutwyche --> JM Weston -->G&G. As @MW313 says, there is no turning back.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is an update to the G&G Burnham GMTO project going on so far.

We still do not have magical 5 the same width orders to take it to the next step. Shoot me a message if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Guys we have picked up another member for our Burnham project. While Leaves is checking on the Deep Burnished Cedar color now would be a good time to talk about soles. I have originally envision this boot on single leather soles or maybe HAF soles but some members have expressed interest in wensum soles. Please tell me what is your preference or of you are out of the group but if certain soles are must have item for you. As a reminder all specification for this Boot must be the same save for sizes and widths.

@laufer E width
@member2000r E width
@armsignet E width
@dmbthomson E width

@RogerP F width
@Flake F width
@Leaves F width
@WhereNext F width but still in the due diligence phase.
@jrb666 F width.

@JubeiSpiegel G width

@Ironist is doing his due diligence
@Dandy Wonka is doing his due diligence.

These are current specs

Model: Burnham
Last : MH71
Soels : Leather soles, maybe HAF soles, possibly wensum, TBD
Color : Deep Vintage Cedar if G&G wants to do it although the new vintage Cedar looks just as good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads