• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

lhuynh

Reaction score
PSA: There's a Westbury in US 10.5 at Barneys Warehouse website.

It's interesting the same size range keeps coming up. 10-11 US almost always in all styles. If only there was an 8.

Coldcava

Reaction score

Fabulous shoes that break in beautifully....I hope you enjoy them. I do. Also, they look a little blah when new but a regime of Saphir Reno, cream and wax brings them to life. This is vintage cedar...I used cognac on the sides and top.....medium brown on the toes and the instep band...curious to see if I can get some kind of nice effect. The lighting really sucks but you should get some idea.
Thanks.. I'm just starting to use the Saphir products and have not yet ventured into your level of artistry with the different colored cremes and waxes, but I keep learning from the shoe care thread.. and will experiment a little. Ive got some Medium brown on order and will try it out... Already hit it with a little Renovateur and a light amount of non-saphir brown wax just to protect a little. Will experiment a bit. Some of the coloring must be lighting in your photo vs lighting in mine - to the eye mine aren't quite as brightly tan as they seem above in the photo, but I do like the color you got on yours..

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are hardly scratches.  Just polish them out.

Sorry, I wasn't clear that I wasn't trying to show photos of the scratches. The pics of the heels show the odd antiquing. The rest are just for fun. I've included photos of the scratches below. I've got Reno and Saphir's medium and dark brown. I'm thinking that I should try a little Reno first, and if that doesn't work, then try the medium brown. Any suggestions?

Fiddler

Reaction score
I appear to be anywhere between a 9.5 and a 10.5 in GG
ffffuuuu.gif
That is unusual. I hear that all their lasts are designed to fit consistently across the spectrum. So if you are, say a UK8 in one, you will be the same in all.

I've noticed the likes of EG and G&G shoes are cut to very precise dimensions...if you are off by even .5 they will be too loose or too tight.

Coldcava

Reaction score
When I bought my Sinatra wholecuts, Leffot advised sizing down a half size.. Because the wholecuts wear a tad bit larger. Same last as my Hayes. TG73 I think.

Outside of the 'couldn't pass' deal with Barney's, that's one of the reasons I like dealing with Leffot, service, they know the goods, you can walk in the store and touch the merch.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
P
That is unusual. I hear that all their lasts are designed to fit consistently across the spectrum. So if you are, say a UK8 in one, you will be the same in all.

I've noticed the likes of EG and G&G shoes are cut to very precise dimensions...if you are off by even .5 they will be too loose or too tight.

It's really annoying as I'm not hard to fit and pretty dialed in to every other SF approved maker, except perhaps for Alden

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, trip d. and i yours. :cheers:

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I`ve been told this as well, lets`s hope it`s true and not just being told to win net business...shoes sizing is a hit and miss I`m afraid.

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

I`ve been told this as well, lets`s hope it`s true and not just being told to win net business...shoes sizing is a hit and miss I`m afraid.

This has up several times before and even if GG says that one should have the same size in all lasts, it´s not true for everyone. I wear UK8E in DG70 and TG73 but UK7.5E in GG06. As with all shoes, you must try them to know 100%.

DrZeus

Reaction score
Purchasing my first G&G's in Wigmore but I need ideas.
I'm a size 44/45 and my palette consists of espresso, vintage oak or black (Ideas?). I'm playing it color safe so they will be more adaptable to my wardrobe.
Also what last would you recommend for this model for a smart look.

I received these tonight to try on for size. I haven't yet but will later. A pair of MH71 Espresso Cambridges in the nude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads