1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

glad to clear that up!

i took those at work. i had the office to myself, so i used the cannon dslr and light-box i use for work stuff. most of my pics are done with the camera + app for iphone, and sometimes ill bring the dslr home for SF pics, but i wanted to try it in the light box for fun. i dont think i would actually buy a light-box and make a setup, just for SF pics. but, you never know.

congrats on the new camera!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

Was definitely a great time as Vegas always is for me. I learned quite a bit from Nick and was awesome to handle some shoes up close that I've always been curious about, especially the Stingrays. I know Nick made a few good contacts already by the time I had stopped by so I hope the trip ends up being lucrative for him.

The hall for the shoe booths alone was massive, but I can easily say from all the booths I passed on the way to Nick and back out that he had easily the finest shoes on display there. I just wish I had had time to stop by the Mandalay to check out the Men's Clothing vendors...maybe next year.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting Nick to get back home to the UK and get me an update on my pair on order. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. wurger

wurger Senior member

My Oxford MH71 6.5 E from Nick, beautiful black cap toes, I did get the shoe trees after some chat with Nick. :slayer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wurger

wurger Senior member

My shoes originally came with a cut on the vamp of the right shoes, so I emailed Nick, and we came to an agreement we are both happy with promptly.

And I did a bit of repair work and sanding and repolishing, which pretty much hid the mark, though on close inspection, it is still visible.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Glad you`re happy with your shoes.

You`ve Topy-ed them?![​IMG]

6. wurger

wurger Senior member

I topy all my shoes.

7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I topy my as well

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I just get HAF soles, which I believe are equally frowned upon :)

9. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Nice classics, wurger

10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Wear in good Heath Wurger. Can you give the outsole measurements. Curious how they stack up to the TG73. Thanks!

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Very nice, Congrats sir.

12. no frills

no frills Senior member

Likely verboten in SF but I put Vibram on all my shoes too. And taps - heel and toe. Boom.

13. wurger

wurger Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

No problems, will do tonight.

14. Flake

Flake Senior member

Beautiful, wurger

15. Agnelli413

Agnelli413 Senior member

+1
    I second that - Wear them in good health!

16. wurger

wurger Senior member

28.6 cm in length, 10 cm diagonally from the two widest points. for MH71 6.5E

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  17. in stitches

fantastic shoes, wurger. i want to topy my shoes, but i cant get myself to cover the fiddle back beauty.

18. wurger

wurger Senior member

Not to worry, topy only covers the front of me sole, plenty of leather left on the waist to show fiddle back.

19. in stitches

a decent compromise. i have considered putting topy on my GGs after the soles get worn a bit and looked scratched up anyways. i just might some day.

20. no frills

no frills Senior member

Stitchy - for your consideration (I only have these pics handy of my Corthays but I did the same with my G&Gs):

1. First, a pic of what the Corthay soles look like with Vibram installed across most of the sole. I leave part of the waist bare, since it doesn't make contact with the pavement anyway in most instances. I also don't feel the need to pay extra to put some on the sole, since I have taps installed for that.

This pair of Corthay "Casanovas" (that's what they are called nowadays) is about a year old and I've worn them about once every two weeks, walking 1.5 miles per wear in the rough streets of NYC. I had the taps replaced once, and the Vibram is still pretty much intact.

[​IMG]

2. You might be wondering - eh, those look like horse shoes from the bottom. But you really can't see them.

[​IMG]

3. Other angle:

[​IMG]