1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'm a pretty bad photographer but here it goes.. didn't wait until daylight. The calf is much darker than what's showing in the below pics; the first pic is closest but still much lighter than how the vintage oak looks in person.

Nice choice, I wear a version of the same shoe myself today, but in black on black.

[​IMG]

2. alphaO888

alphaO888 Senior member

very sexy pics. Still don't know why G&G wasn't able to fit my foot at a trunk show [​IMG]
    thanks - the TG73's definitely feel ever so slightly tight but they should conform once I break them in. Was it a width issue that you had at the show? Leaves, the black on black look pretty gangster.. i like them

3. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

I want these real, real baddddd . . .

me too ether in dark brown pig skin or croc suede

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

me too ether in dark brown pig skin or croc suede

I really like the twist of using the porcine skin. Has anyone seen a pewter colored leather? I know there's a museum black? But they look like, well, black in the photos I recollect.

5. luk-cha

I really like the twist of using the porcine skin. Has anyone seen a pewter colored leather? I know there's a museum black? But they look like, well, black in the photos I recollect.

perhaps they can do some bleaching on the pig skin like they can with calf

6. forex

forex Senior member

very sexy pics. Still don't know why G&G wasn't able to fit my foot at a trunk show [​IMG]

What do you mean by this? That their RTW lasts didn't fit you?

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

What do you mean by this? That their RTW lasts didn't fit you?
    I was fitted for a RTW shoes by one of the owners of G&G at a trunk show in SF. They assured me that the last (don't recall which one) was the best for me and I ordered the shoe in suede. It was delivered on time, as promised. Once I got it and put it on it seemed snug across my instep. I've never really had this problem with any other shoe before. I tried stretching it out with a pair of Lobb EE width wooden trees that I have. I normally wear E in Lobb which on some Lobb lasts is a bit loose. That stretching helped but it still wasn't comfortable. I emailed the company and they were very quick to respond. I suggested going to a longer or perhaps wider size and they said, "No" that wasn't the right solution. If they didn't feel right after a few hours of wearing around the house to return them". That is what I did. They refunded my money immediately, no problem. They certainly have excellent customer service and attractive shoes.

8. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Nice choice, I wear a version of the same shoe myself today, but in black on black.

[​IMG]

That looks beautiful [​IMG]

9. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Senior member

I was fitted for a RTW shoes by one of the owners of G&G at a trunk show in SF. They assured me that the last (don't recall which one) was the best for me and I ordered the shoe in suede. It was delivered on time, as promised. Once I got it and put it on it seemed snug across my instep. I've never really had this problem with any other shoe before. I tried stretching it out with a pair of Lobb EE width wooden trees that I have. I normally wear E in Lobb which on some Lobb lasts is a bit loose. That stretching helped but it still wasn't comfortable. I emailed the company and they were very quick to respond. I suggested going to a longer or perhaps wider size and they said, "No" that wasn't the right solution. If they didn't feel right after a few hours of wearing around the house to return them". That is what I did. They refunded my money immediately, no problem.

They certainly have excellent customer service and attractive shoes.

That is awesome. Hats off to them

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

did someone say suede croc loafer!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

other colors?

11. luk-cha

i think this is all the deco pictures i have now

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    I'll throw these in to the mix. Happy Easter! [​IMG]

13. Nick A

Nick A Senior member

New version of G&G Kent:
    [​IMG]

14. alphaO888

alphaO888 Senior member

15. H2T

H2T Well-Known Member

Exquisite shoes. Now someone please remove the can of coke next time.

16. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I'll throw these in to the mix. Happy Easter!

[​IMG]

Those are pretty rockin' and I'm not the biggest G&G fan in general. What type of leather is used there? It looks like calf with a subtle texture.

17. Siwash

Siwash Senior member

Still trying to figure out where to buy these in Toronto...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

In order to buy these in Toronto you will need to go to Pearson and buy a ticket to New York.

Despite being the centre of the known universe....you cannot buy G&G in Toronto.

18. Fantastic Mr Foxx

Fantastic Mr Foxx Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some Armoury based G&G's

The split-toe shoes are very nice. Lovely [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Exquisite shoes. Now someone please remove the can of coke next time.

[​IMG]

That was mine. The AC had gone out in Mr. Despos office, and he was kind enough to offer. I do not now, nor never will, claim to be a competent photographer.

20. fullb

fullb Senior member

St. James II in Vintage Rioja. MH71 Last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really, really love this one [​IMG]