• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gap Rigid

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried them on. Fit's acceptable, but the rainbow selvage (faces out at the top of the coin pocket because that edge isn't folded over) is ridiculously annoying. Denim's nothing special, if not awful.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
^I agree. Nothing special, just good budget denim. I don't really like the fit, but they again I don't like straight legs.

charolastra

Reaction score
I found the denim to be pretty good quality. I would compare it to an RRDS. It's a bit slubbier and heavier weight than A.P.C. The fit is typically American, i.e. the 'slim' isn't really slim at all. They are medium to high waisted and have room for hips. They are well constructed and definitely worth more than they are selling for and if the fit is right for you I think they are a good investment. There is some selvedge line pron happening there, but it's not quite as blatantly done as say Jeanshop.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theshonen8899
^I agree. Nothing special, just good budget denim. I don't really like the fit, but they again I don't like straight legs.
They'll be good budget denim when they're on sale for $30. Right now, in my opinion, they're overpriced.
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
So this is diff from the Gough, right?
Yes, not the Gough. The Gough denim's better and heavier, and the Gough cut is more relaxed.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
They'll be good budget denim when they're on sale for $30. Right now, in my opinion, they're overpriced.

Yes, not the Gough. The Gough denim's better and heavier, and the Gough cut is more relaxed.

The Gough's denim seems to be about the same as my Uniqlo greenlines or Bootcut OLA dry. Good, but not APC/RRDS quality. If the Rigid has worse and lighter denim I'm not sure how this other guy is saying they're better than APC and about the same as RRDS...?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by charolastra
I found the denim to be pretty good quality. I would compare it to an RRDS. It's a bit slubbier and heavier weight than A.P.C.
I wouldn't call it slubby at all and in no way is it heavier than APC. The denim feel is similar to one rinse lightweight denim, like Earnest Sewn Patriot. The color bleeds very easily when worn. They would be good at $40 or so. I returned mine, even though I only paid $49. Please dont buy at $69... I ordered a 29x30 and it fit very similarly to my Earnest Sewn 31 waist.

Curious_George

Reaction score
They're definitely not as heavy as APCs. I returned mine because they turned out to be quite a bit baggier than I expected. They're not as bad as the gough as far as being a baggy cut, but they're still way too wide in the hips for me. I ordered a size 30-32 and the waist was about a 31 and the length was actually close to 34. Hem was about 8.5, which might give you an idea on the overall cut as they are a straight leg.

Psychopsilocybin

Reaction score
I bought these when they first came out online, thinking they would be a decent straight cut, since Ive gotten a few good fitting Gap straight cut's before (don't kill me). However, these fit way baggier than Gap's straight fit, and the quality is so-so. Basically, these are very baggy, and the length in reality is whatever they show online plus 4 inches, since you are supposed to wear these with the humongoid cuff it comes with to show off the selvage. I am by no means skinny, but these were baggy on me.

riotshield

Reaction score
I saw these and was disappointed in them compared to the Goughs. The rigids have a thin, unsubstantial feel like the Morrisons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics