• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Review - Richard Lim Tailor – PLUS - Finished Navy Summer Jacket Pics

coolal

Reaction score

Coolal, thanks for the reply!

I'm going to get measured and place my order tomorrow. It's good to know that I only need the larger details initially. Since it'll be my first bespoke suit, I'm pretty excited for even this first step. I'll try to post my experience as well (from a newbie standpoint, of course).

I have a general idea of what style best suits me. Despite that, I'm sure there are lots of details I'm going to have to call on the fly or base it on what I'm more confident/comfortable with when trying it at the basted fitting. Although I know what I like, I'm always open to what's perceived as what looks "best". In those discussions, I see lots of good points that I fail to think of, which I guess is why I'm asking about where I can find more info. I really appreciated those couple of links about button stance... it really catered to what I was looking for.

As a follow up question, I noticed you mentioned an iGent standard. Being new here, I thought that here on SF iGent is more of a joke?

Take plenty of pictures during every step! It'll be fantastic to see how Richard's work looks on other customers. Plus I won't be the only one posting his work to SF! :D Keep us posted.

coolal

Reaction score
Just picked up my three piece suit from Richard today. Shoulders are essentially unpadded with a spalla camicia.

Here are some teaser pics. Forgive the crappy cell phone quality. I wasn't able to setup my camera and lights today.

I'll upload proper pics of how it fits and other details once I get everything setup this weekend.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the results!

Last edited:

coolal

Reaction score
One interesting detail I just discovered: shirt buttons behind the jacket fastening button. Perhaps this was their reaction to the fact that I've been pulling out my fastening buttons recently (on a few jackets). Has anyone else had this done on their jackets? My other guess is that it's there to distribute force so that the fastening button doesn't pull out and create a hole?

sartbaeklv

Reaction score

Just picked up my three piece suit from Richard today. Shoulders are essentially unpadded with a spalla camicia.
Here are some teaser pics. Forgive the crappy cell phone quality. I wasn't able to setup my camera and lights today.
I'll upload proper pics of how it fits and other details once I get everything setup this weekend.
Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the results!

Where's your boutonnière hole? Or did you specifically request to have your lapels like that.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neat. You're a fuckin' champ Coolal, for documenting all of this. Very impressed.

I'm really looking forward to those full body shots.

coolal

Reaction score
Okay, so here are the "proper" pics!

Couple notes: The fabric is pretty damn light and drapes pretty poorly. As such, it was almost impossible to get a clean shot, even though the suit appears clean in the mirror. I suspect I tense up when waiting for the auto timer.

Upcoming tweaks: I think i'll have a bit of the fabric taken in behind my arm pits. Additionally, the pants can be cleaned up a tad. I've been working out (gaining muscle mass, losing fat) and it's been a bit of a moving target in terms of the best fit.

I'm 99% happy. Actually, quite thrilled! The real shortcoming of this suit is the fabric weight, lesson learned once and for all.

The next order I just started is with the RAF Blue PoW Glen Check Brisa from the London Lounge Cloth Club. I know that'll drape better, from past experience.

n3pjacketfrontclosed.jpg

n3pjacketfrontopen.jpg

n3pjacketback.jpg

n3pvestfront.jpg

n3pvestback.jpg

n3ppantsfront.jpg

malat

Reaction score
Pants seem way too tight in the rear unless you plan to wear thongs to avoid the underwear line.

coolal

Reaction score

I think it looks great. Enjoy it.

Thanks a lot!

Pants seem way too tight in the rear unless you plan to wear thongs to avoid the underwear line.

I noticed that as well, the funny thing is, I'm wearing boxer briefs, so I don't even know where the outline came from. The pants aren't even tight, just snug. The cloth is just too thin. I may have everything let out just a bit.

malat

Reaction score
MY boxers briefs have seams in the same areas shown in your pics. Maybe yours do too. I think it would probably be a good idea to have it let out a bit. Looks nice otherwise.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need some lining for the trouser

The back rise could be a bit looser

Overall I think they have make a very good job, looks excellent and expensive for me

Last edited:

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those issues on the back at the shoulder blades look pretty severe - did he suggest that more work was needed?

coolal

Reaction score

MY boxers briefs have seams in the same areas shown in your pics. Maybe yours do too. I think it would probably be a good idea to have it let out a bit. Looks nice otherwise.

Turns out you're right! I'll take a two pronged approach. I'll use my boxers with no seams in the back and I'll have the pants let out a bit.

You need some lining for the trouser
The back rise could be a bit looser
Overall I think they have make a very good job, looks excellent and expensive for me

Thanks again

+1
wedgies aint good

+1

Those issues on the back at the shoulder blades look pretty severe - did he suggest that more work was needed?

It's hard to convey just how finicky the cloth is. Here's a shot I forgot to process from yesterday. It's perhaps the "cleanest" shot of the jacket. The line of my back looks perfect, and behind my arms is really clean. I need that "extra" fabric to move around.

n3pjacketside.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member