• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free shipping or discount

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Discount would make it easier so you don't have to have people asking about international shipping, or you trying to discount them on shipping since it's normally free (like $8 off or something). Maybe having shipping levels (cheaper for more $$$ order). People may be more inclined to order more items.

edit laguy beat me to it

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
discount, discount, discount, i never have a problem paying for shipping it all gets to delivered to my office anyways...

g.re

Reaction score
Living outside ConUS, I'd rather have a discount. Why don't you also try something like the point system used by Hanon?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that this is more of a pain, but USPS priority is the way to go. Super fast, and cheaper than UPS to boot. People recognize that the tracking sucks, but they are willing to sacrifice this for 2-3 day reliable shipping. Revolveclothing.com uses this, and I have to say that there are times I've used them just because I know that even in Moscow, ID, I will get the stuff I order within a few days at latest. I would not underestimate the power of impatience.

Originally Posted by Mauro
shipping inside the U.S. for ground which typically is 2 to 3 days around 8.00
Anything more than that is no more over night than 34.00

Now international is another story it starts at 30.00 and goes up to 100.00

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People complain about shipping because complaining about prices is so passÃ
00a9.png

In reality, though, it's easier to complain about shipping. Who ever says 'Your price is 5% too high for me'? Most people just shop around for a cheaper alternative...besides, asking for 5% sounds really ******* cheap.

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
Discount. Honestly, anyone who complains about paying for shipping on such a steep discount is either:

- Getting it shipped to where it's expensive enough that they wouldn't get free shipping anyway.

or

- Too price-sensitive to be a regular customer.

That said, I agree with others about considering free shipping for orders over $x. I would make x low enough that two pairs of all but the cheapest jeans qualify, this would be a good price point motivator for extra online sales. Make it available with the discount, but only if the price is over x after the discount.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hear what everyone is saying but this fall and for sure spring 09 things cost more.
Shipping clothing food etc
I only can eat so much. I do have a business to run.

Is somone going to make a poll or what???? Fok you have let two comments so I know you are in front of a computer..WTF!?!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I hear what everyone is saying but this fall and for sure spring 09 things cost more.
Shipping clothing food etc
I only can eat so much. I do have a business to run.

Is somone going to make a poll or what???? Fok you have let two comments so I know you are in front of a computer..WTF!?!

Done.. Satisfied
smile.gif

OPTION 3 OPTION 3

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Discount

plus shipping options....like LAG mentioned, USPS priority is so much faster for us west coasters than UPS and costs less too usually.

Orange

Reaction score
discount. It's not like shipping is going to be free internationally anyways.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Discount + shipping minimums.

We use USPS priority for all shipping, even international. With international, you can typically track a package via the US customs number. For US, delivery confirmation seems to work for our customers.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
+1 on the USPS Priority, mostly because they work on Saturdays. UPS just taunts you with the tracking info when the package arrives at the local UPS distribution center on a Friday evening and then sits in the warehouse until Monday morning.

I'd also prefer a higher discount over free shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads