• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free shipping or discount

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could someone do a poll for me because I am a computer marsupial

I need to know if you guys would rather have a higher discount and pay for shipping or lower discount and receive free shipping

NO YOU CANT HAVE BOTH!

Tourangh

Reaction score
If price is the same in the end I dont see why it would matter. But for you I believe it is best to have a higher discount since when most people shop(myself included) they do not look at the shipping cost, they see the price of the item and that is what makes them decided where to buy from. I personally dont even look at the shipping cost until I am checking out unless it makes the total a ridiculous number.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dont know I get alot of complaints about shipping and it drive me nuts.

I understand shoremans reasoning because he can come in and pick it up but people who dont live in the area seem to not care as much about the discount as they do about not paying for shipping.

Sure Kiya just for you!

I am giving away Nudie selvage socks with every purchase of a nudie product for fall 08 and spring 09.
once the socks ship...lol

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I dont know I get alot of complaints about shipping and it drive me nuts.

I understand shoremans reasoning because he can come in and pick it up but people who dont live in the area seem to not care as much about the discount as they do about not paying for shipping.

This is true, of course, but I think Tourangh's got a point. Most people see a 20% discount on Nudies and think they're getting a good deal, vs. ordering from somewhere at full retail and getting free shipping.

And seriously, how much is shipping (domestically)? If you're spending $100 or more (and isn't everyone?), isn't a $20+ discount worth more than shipping?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudie... selvage... socks
wow.gif
Are they extra long so we can show off the selvage (possibly underneath a selvage denim cuff for maximum selvage action)?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shipping inside the U.S. for ground which typically is 2 to 3 days around 8.00
Anything more than that is no more over night than 34.00

Now international is another story it starts at 30.00 and goes up to 100.00

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bam! yes you will get double selvage action!

This is why I need a poll!!!

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
DISCOUNT is much more appreciated
discount takes off more money on most items over $100 i would say

if you take shipping to be $10, then for a 20% discount, anything above $50 will result in more money saved due to the discount. So, I say discount, assuming its around 20%.

If 10% discount, then obviously in anything above $100 will result in more money saved due to the discount, and so again, I say discount is better.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Numerous studies show the following:

1) Discount is more likely to drive the sale; however
2) Lack of free shipping presents and impediment to the sale. That is, if someone gets to the last step, and then sees a $12 shipping fee, they are more likely to just cancel the order, especially if the total cost puts them beyond their comfort threshold.

One compromise I've seen is that shipping for items above a certain amount (usually $100 or $150.) is free. If you include some low priced items in your webstore (inexpensive accessories, tees on discount, etc...) people may be more likely to pick it up to get the free shipping. Amazon does this as well, and I'll tell you, I have many random books to boost me up above $25
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads