• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance Top 10

Reaction score
Insane price point, but Bond No. 9: "Brooklyn" and "Cooper Square" are damn good. They are subtle and very unique, but overpriced.

You can only get them at Saks or their own website. I try to get samples when I'm a new town with a Saks
shog[1].gif

tps16

Reaction score
Have narrowed my wardrobe considerably, so now I have a top 8

Guerlain Mitsouko
Chanel Pour Monsieur
Creed Bois du Portugal
Chanel Cuir de Russie
Guerlain Habit Rouge
Hermes Bel Ami
Chanel Sycomore
Aqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta

Possible Additions at some point:
Guerlain Jicky
Guerlain Heritage (alternative to BDP?)
Roja Dove Diaghilev
Aramis
Aramis Havana
Chanel Antaeus

omgitiszmd

Reaction score
What are your guys favorite deodorants and body washes that you can buy in a Drugstore or Walmart?

omgitiszmd

Reaction score

Speed stick and Ivory bars.

Are you looking for someone to justify your recent Axe purchase? ...didn't quite turn out like the commercials, did it?

Actually no :) I used to use Old Spice but just found it wasn't lasting long enough so I decided to try out Dove for Men. I like it so far and the scent lasts so that's good! I was just trying to see what others used so maybe I could try it out.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump and looking for some advice

These are the fragrances that I've got out right now that I like

Creed - Green Irish Tweed
Creed - Aventus
Creed - Tabarome Millesime
Tom Ford - Italian Cypress (Love this)
Chanel Pour Homme
Pasha de Cartier
Jo Malone - Lime, Basil, & Mandarin
Jo Malone - Pomegranate Noir

I'm looking for something very good for the summer...light and fresh...something I can wear everyday at work and casually...

Any recs?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You might like Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just ordered a 1.5ml spray decant from the Perfume Court of that and several others to try out...

josevancouver

Reaction score
All Year: Creed Aventus, Creed Green Irish Tweed

Fall/Winter:

Signature Scent: Dior Homme (reformulated)/Dior Homme Intense(vintage)
Phaedon Tabac Rouge
Thiery Mugler Pure Havane
Creed Royal Oud
Valentino Uomo
Dior Ambre Nuit
Dior Bois D'Argent

Spring/Summer:

Signature Scent: Creed Aventus
Dolce and Gabbana the One for Men
Gucci Pour Homme 2
Dior Homme Sport
Creed Virgin Island Water
Yves Saint Laurent L'homme

J3ff

Reaction score
Creed GIT
Hermes Rocabar
Barney's Route du The
Rance 1795 Le Vainqueur
Creed Tabarome

Mirador

Reaction score
I'll play .....

Vetiver Extraordinaire, Frederic Malle
New York, Nicolai
Chergui, Serge Lutens
Creed, Royal Oud
D'Orange Vert, Hermes
l'Humaniste, Frapin
Forest, Knize
Jubilation XXV, Amouage
Cuir, Mona di Orio
Back to Black, Killian

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

OK, here's a half-assed list:

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree - my all-time love and like my wife, I'm confident it will never become old to me.
Diptyque Tam Dao - such an elegant sandlewood scent. I love putting on a sweater in which I previously wore this and catching the smell again, because it really is quite linear.
Terre d'Hermes - one of the most cerebral scents I've ever encountered.
Carolina Herrera for Men - does anyone with a better nose know how to describe this scent? It's sweet and sophisticated to me.
Le Labo Oud 27 - it stinks, but I can't stop smelling it, much like smelling my finger after scratching ******.
Voyage d'Hermes - there's something almost mechanical about how this scent works. It distinctly clicks from one phase to the next. Fascinating to me. The drydown is like Timbuktu to me.
Serge Lutens Tuberose Criminelle - so phenolic and complex and in-your-face. God, I wish my wife would wear this stuff!
Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui - a hard core blast from the 80's. When I wear this I feel like I have a red Ferrari and a big black buck buddy who can fly me from island to island in his helicopter.
Guerlain Habit Rouge - old, sophisticated, so complex - it smells French.
L'Occitane Vetyver - it smells like Zubrowka Vodka. Creamy vetiver with evergreen. I add this as an adjunct to other scents.

It's been three years since I've revisited my list:

Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui - this one stays close to my heart because it's what my dad used to wear (he's still around but wearing other things now).
Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree - still a great, heavy version of Pour Monsieur, of which I got a bottle of the vintage juice.
Diptyque Tam Dao - I have two bottles of the vintage juice, and it's one of the most comforting scents I own. It's also one of the very few that I get compliments on.
Chanel Sycomore - smokey vetiver with lots of aldehydes, though not as much aldehydes as in many other Chanels.
Guerlain Vol de Nuit - possibly the best perfume ever created.
Serge Lutens Tuberose Criminelle - camphorous tuberose, like a closed sunny room with a stem of these flowers stuck inside.
Parfums Regence Kolnisch Juchten - there's so many other leather fragrances out there, but this one is the ancient original and trumps them all. Even Bel Ami and Knize Ten.
Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady - I'm usually too self-conscious to wear this powerhouse of rose, berry, and patchouli. One of the best fragrances of the past 20 years.
Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur - one of the most unique "clean" fragrances ever created; there's really nothing else like it. This is what I always wear on the airplane.
Amouage Memoir Man - dark, bitter, and sophisticated. It's what needs to be worn at a ballet or orchestral concert.

One that I'd like to add is Chanel Bois des Iles, which is a stunning sandalwood surrounded by orris and ylang-ylang.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads