• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Information on Barker Black Shoes

MisterGee

Reaction score
Fellas,

Looking for some information/guidance on the fit of Barker Black shoes (specifically: Archdale). I'm considering making the considerably pricey leap into a pair, and I would like to hear the opinions and experience of people who own them. Needless to say, I'll be buying online, so I'm not able to simply try on and find out for myself. I'm a solid 11D in sneakers, but depending on the last/cut, I can fit well into a 10.5D or 11D in dress shoes. Any input is appreciated. Thanks,

Tony

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a US 12.5-13D. I ordered the Archdales in a 12UK/13US & they were too big for me. I mean, they fit but I could wear a pair of tube socks under my dress socks & they were still too loose. So I sold them & bought an 11UK/12US and to my surprise they were way too tight!

I couldn't make sense of it. I would probably have done well with a 12.5US but I gave up.

To answer your question, if you're between 10.5 - 11D, I would order a 10.5. Where are you going to order them from?

marls007

Reaction score
I have a pair of brand new size 13's that im trying to sell, do you know of anyone looking to buy..

Thanks,

[email protected][

QUOTE=bigbris1;1878884]I am a US 12.5-13D. I ordered the Archdales in a 12UK/13US & they were too big for me. I mean, they fit but I could wear a pair of tube socks under my dress socks & they were still too loose. So I sold them & bought an 11UK/12US and to my surprise they were way too tight!

I couldn't make sense of it. I would probably have done well with a 12.5US but I gave up.

To answer your question, if you're between 10.5 - 11D, I would order a 10.5. Where are you going to order them from?[/quote]

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Archdales fit true to size, but they are on a very narrow last, almost Tramezza narrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads