Finding denim cloth

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by A Y, Nov 30, 2006.

1. A Y

A Y Senior member

How can normal people (like me) buy high quality denim cloth, so I can have a tailor make something out of it? I'm thinking of raw Japanese or Italian denim in various weights for jackets (heavier) or shirts (lighter).

I also thought for a while about sacrificing my worn RRDS for jacket facings, for a really custom piece.

Thanks.

--Andre

P.S. This was inspired by Alex dP (a tailor)'s post in this thread over on AAAC:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...994#post454994

2. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

How can normal people (like me) buy high quality denim cloth, so I can have a tailor make something out of it? I'm thinking of raw Japanese or Italian denim in various weights for jackets (heavier) or shirts (lighter).

I also thought for a while about sacrificing my worn RRDS for jacket facings, for a really custom piece.

Thanks.

--Andre

P.S. This was inspired by Alex dP (a tailor)'s post in this thread over on AAAC:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...994#post454994

yes i am still looking for a fabric store that carries high quallity denim.
    the best i have found so far is bull denim.

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

You might try contacting Ande Whall.

He has his own denim line and sells custom pairs to members of Steez and Superfuture. His denim is of high quality, and he might be willing to help you out and sell you the amount you need.

4. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

I've seen Cone Selvage goods at Jobber facilities in Downtown LA. I also recently saw Selvage fabric available on Ebay!.