• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Mackinaw Cruiser

Junglejack

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed the now discontinued Seattle Cruiser which is now simply a Mackinaw Cruiser with the Seattle Fit. There is a difference in the wool though as the Seattle Cruiser uses the Yukon Wool as opposed to the Mackinaw Wool. Still 24oz wool however, but slightly less coarse. I have it in the Camo/Otter Green color and could not be happier.

emidyl

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread.

I'm looking to pick up a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser with the Seattle Fit. I'm a 38 suit. 5'10" 150. Are we thinking small then?

Is the Seattle fit more fitted?
I grabbed this in a MED a couple weeks ago. I hear it is now discontinued, though not sure why because with the red plaid lining this is a killer jacket, and adds that extra bit of
warmth

http://shoplostfound.com/collections/filson/products/filson-lined-wool-seatle-cruiser-charcoal-navy-red-plaid

I'm 5'9" about 155.
Suit 38 slim or regular 36. I'm thinking a S would not allow me to layer in the winter, and this way the MED allows that option. Can still wear it with just my Gitman flannels fine.
Great piece.

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Just bought my latest two Filson pieces, a black Mackinaw vest and a Tin Cloth Cruiser (Seattle Fit). As before I'm so impressed with them. A note on fit: I think the vest, which is the Alaska fit, is only slightly bigger than true to size, I went for my suit jacket size and that allows me to fit a heavy flannel shirt underneath. If I'd gone down a size then it would fit like a dress waistcoat. The TC Cruiser is a large which allows for a shirt and the vest underneath [ATTACHMENT=12016]image.jpeg (837k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

LahmansBeard

Reaction score
Did anyone ever pick up the Navy Cruiser from 2013? It's bonded wool, they also call it boiled wool.

The current small Seattle fit cruisers fit me perfectly. Should I assume that the 2013 small Seattle fit would do the same?

I only ask because I picked up a 36 Filson Forestry Cruiser and it was too small. Probably needed the 38 in the numbered sizes.

Dumb question? Does 2013 Seattle Fit = 2015 Seattle Fit?

A10ACN

Reaction score
So Like you I was going to purchase a Mackinaw Cruiser and was telling my friend about it. He recommended I look up Tradition Creek (also made in the US - veteran owned company.) They make theirs out of melton wool, a higher quality then the filson mill and it's like a hundred bucks less than a filson. Anyway, this is the coat I ended up going with and couldn't be happier, plus they have a 100% lifetime warranty on the coat, so that's always epic.

http://traditioncreek.com/product/superior-double-back-double-front-navy-blue/

Hope this helps!
Not 100% wool unfortunately.

Netvine

Reaction score
Does anyone know what years the light grey double mackinaw was sold?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.