• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Filson Mackinaw Cruiser

Junglejack

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed the now discontinued Seattle Cruiser which is now simply a Mackinaw Cruiser with the Seattle Fit. There is a difference in the wool though as the Seattle Cruiser uses the Yukon Wool as opposed to the Mackinaw Wool. Still 24oz wool however, but slightly less coarse. I have it in the Camo/Otter Green color and could not be happier.

emidyl

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread.

I'm looking to pick up a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser with the Seattle Fit. I'm a 38 suit. 5'10" 150. Are we thinking small then?

Is the Seattle fit more fitted?
I grabbed this in a MED a couple weeks ago. I hear it is now discontinued, though not sure why because with the red plaid lining this is a killer jacket, and adds that extra bit of
warmth

http://shoplostfound.com/collection...d-wool-seatle-cruiser-charcoal-navy-red-plaid

I'm 5'9" about 155.
Suit 38 slim or regular 36. I'm thinking a S would not allow me to layer in the winter, and this way the MED allows that option. Can still wear it with just my Gitman flannels fine.
Great piece.

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Just bought my latest two Filson pieces, a black Mackinaw vest and a Tin Cloth Cruiser (Seattle Fit). As before I'm so impressed with them. A note on fit: I think the vest, which is the Alaska fit, is only slightly bigger than true to size, I went for my suit jacket size and that allows me to fit a heavy flannel shirt underneath. If I'd gone down a size then it would fit like a dress waistcoat. The TC Cruiser is a large which allows for a shirt and the vest underneath [ATTACHMENT=12016]image.jpeg (837k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

LahmansBeard

Reaction score
Did anyone ever pick up the Navy Cruiser from 2013? It's bonded wool, they also call it boiled wool.

The current small Seattle fit cruisers fit me perfectly. Should I assume that the 2013 small Seattle fit would do the same?

I only ask because I picked up a 36 Filson Forestry Cruiser and it was too small. Probably needed the 38 in the numbered sizes.

Dumb question? Does 2013 Seattle Fit = 2015 Seattle Fit?

A10ACN

Reaction score
So Like you I was going to purchase a Mackinaw Cruiser and was telling my friend about it. He recommended I look up Tradition Creek (also made in the US - veteran owned company.) They make theirs out of melton wool, a higher quality then the filson mill and it's like a hundred bucks less than a filson. Anyway, this is the coat I ended up going with and couldn't be happier, plus they have a 100% lifetime warranty on the coat, so that's always epic.

http://traditioncreek.com/product/superior-double-back-double-front-navy-blue/

Hope this helps!

Not 100% wool unfortunately.

Netvine

Reaction score
Does anyone know what years the light grey double mackinaw was sold?

deathg0d

Reaction score
hi i just got this extremely nice mackinaw cruiser jacket from resale.
its size 38, fits me pretty well and even has room for layering with a sweater.

however, 2 things bug me and not sure if anyone can advise?
1. the length of arm sleeves look short, when i raise both my arms parallel to the ground, the sleeves retracted almost about 1" back but when my arms are at the side, the sleeves cover over the wrist and extended a little out onto the back of the hands.
i did tried a 40 previously and it was too baggy for me but the length of arm sleeves were just nice.
is this normal or the sizing is wrong?

2. the wool feels rather prickly on the skin, does it soften down with more wears? the previous owner only wore it a couple of times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads