• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JTK

Reaction score
If anyone knows of any easter or other sales this weekend, I'm looking to pick up a small Pullman. Thx!

Ecstasy

Reaction score
Hi gentlemen, I have the navy Original Briefcase but the bridle leather strap is too hard on my shoulder.

Where can I get the nylon strap (used in the Tablet Briefcase below)? I'm located in Asian so an online seller is ideal.

Does anyone know? Otherwise, any good wide nylon strap alternatives in navy colour that are sturdy enough to withstand the weight of the bag+contents?

chev4x4

Reaction score

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Etsy for 27 bucks:

travsirocz

Reaction score
Picked up this 70257 briefcase up on ebay with the Talon zippers. I reconditioned the leather and waxed the canvas. I went with the over waxed canvas look. This was listed on ebay as a 70256 but based on width, extra leather on the side shoulder strap ring, and number of interior dividers, pretty sure this is the discontinued 70257.

milw50717

Reaction score

Picked up this 70257 briefcase up on ebay with the Talon zippers. I reconditioned the leather and waxed the canvas. I went with the over waxed canvas look. This was listed on ebay as a 70256 but based on width, extra leather on the side shoulder strap ring, and number of interior dividers, pretty sure this is the discontinued 70257. 

A quick way to tell is that the 257 has a rectangular leather pad where the strap D ring is attached to the body of the bag whereas the 256 has a smaller D shaped pad. There should also be a tag inside that gives the model #

travsirocz

Reaction score
A quick way to tell is that the 257 has a rectangular leather pad where the strap D ring is attached to the body of the bag whereas the 256 has a smaller D shaped pad. There should also be a tag inside that gives the model #
Yes, this bag does have the bigger leather reinforcement that the D ring attaches to. I can't find the tag with model information. Here is what the bag looked like before I restored it.

Filson Island

Reaction score
Why can't I see images? Did I miss it in preferences?

Just get this instead

[IMG

I am posting one of my own

Attachments

• IMG_1276.JPG
    IMG_1276.JPG
    677.2 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

rezzor

Reaction score
I need some opinions, I'm kind of all over the place. I need something I can carry my computer in and some clothes for constant 2 to 3 day business trips. Ideally would like to dump the clothes off at hotel and use bag during workday. Love the look of the Original brief but obviously too small, is the 48 hour bag the way to go?

Also, is there a go to place for ordering (new) bags?

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rezzor - I had exactly the same question late last year. My answer ended up being the 48 hour duffle. It's pretty capacious and I find the front pockets essential for organization.
Main body will take suit, shirts and shoes plus a 15in MacBook Pro.
I use a packing cube and offload clothes etc at hotel. Bag is quite large with just laptop and day stuff, but sits well on shoulder when using the longer handles rather than the shoulder strap.

For reference I considered the sportsmans bag/ excursion bag which I concluded to be too boxy and the small duffle which was less easy to organize things in. I didn't consider the small Pullman because I have the large version and wanted something different. Padded computer bag might be a candidate but isn't really large enough- this is in fact my day to day bag and it only really manages computer, lunch and a pair of shoes. It copes with an overnight but not more.

Hope this helps. I really like my 48 hr. Tin cloth is lighter to carry and patinas nicely and the bag just looks good and well proportioned. My only change would be a pocket on the back rather than the luggage handle loop, but that's minor.

Here is a quick packing dump pic. Poor quality but you get the idea.

IMG_1905.JPG

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many. Quality is addictive.

Pullman - car and train travel
258 computer bag - daily briefcase
Large duffle - for checking in
Medium field bag - various and when don't need laptop
Tin cloth backpack - motorcycle
48 hr duffle- 2/3 day trips with laptop
Small Dopp kit

4x vests
Tin cruiser
Belt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads