• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

singjai

Reaction score
As of last Monday they had both colors. Mine should have arrived yesterday, but UPS pushed it out till Monday.
Darn, I totally forgot about those trays! After you guys mentioned calling the outlet, I gave them a call for a couple discontinued hats I was looking for. Was meaning to add a couple trays to the order but totally blanked out.. The hats just arrived today too.. Unfortunately tray-less..

shahamir.h

Reaction score
Hi guys, a huge Filson fan here from Brunei. The rolling carry-on bag has travelled with me to over 10 countries last year. The first photo was taken in Penang, Malaysia and the second was in Fukuoka, Japan.
Filson Penang.jpg
Filson.jpg

NamelessStream

Reaction score
Hi guys, a huge Filson fan here from Brunei. The rolling carry-on bag has travelled with me to over 10 countries last year. The first photo was taken in Penang, Malaysia and the second was in Fukuoka, Japan.
That's a handsome set up!
What make is the green game bag on top in the seond photo? I've never seen one with 1/4 netting before.

NamelessStream

Reaction score
Darn, I totally forgot about those trays! After you guys mentioned calling the outlet, I gave them a call for a couple discontinued hats I was looking for. Was meaning to add a couple trays to the order but totally blanked out.. The hats just arrived today too.. Unfortunately tray-less..
Hats too?
OK, I'm drawing up a wishlist of discontinued items and calling them this week.... thanks for the intel! What hats did you get?

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Straw poll: What discontinued Filson item are you most interested in owning?
For me, it would be the Outfitter bag.

Wool Mackinaw Jac Shirt in black/green. It was 2017’s limited release. I should have paid full price for that one. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it so I regret it now. The Outfitter is something I’m interested in if I can ever find it reasonably priced. It would be great to use for cabin packing.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straw poll: What discontinued Filson item are you most interested in owning?
For me, it would be the Outfitter bag.

I guess an additional question also is worthy of asking: what are the quintessential Filson items?

bags
256, 257, 258
Small and medium field
262 rucsac
260, 261 totes
S,M,L duffels
Garment bag (?)
Outfitters
Large carry on 242
MTB / LTB
266 sportsman
Original Pullman

clothes
Alaska guide shirt
Feather cloth shirt
Wool cruiser vests
Tin vest
Tin cruisers in several formats
Single and double Mac cruiser
Packer cruiser (shearling collar thing)
Packer and wool packer hat
Tin and double tin pants
Mac bib pants (?)

more recent stuff might include
Levi trucker
Ultralight jacket and vest
48 hr duffle
24 hr brief

lots of the bags are discontinued, much less of the clothing.

what else would you put on the list as core Filson?

singjai

Reaction score
Hats too?
OK, I'm drawing up a wishlist of discontinued items and calling them this week.... thanks for the intel! What hats did you get?
Yep! I was calling for the low profile cap with the bison on Filson's website but they didn't have it. Ended up getting these two, which I actually preferred! Being from California, the bear is quite fitting. For $17.90 a piece, I had to get both lol

IMG_0096.jpg

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
I guess an additional question also is worthy of asking: what are the quintessential Filson items?

bags
256, 257, 258
Small and medium field
262 rucsac
260, 261 totes
S,M,L duffels
Garment bag (?)
Outfitters
Large carry on 242
MTB / LTB
266 sportsman
Original Pullman

clothes
Alaska guide shirt
Feather cloth shirt
Wool cruiser vests
Tin vest
Tin cruisers in several formats
Single and double Mac cruiser
Packer cruiser (shearling collar thing)
Packer and wool packer hat
Tin and double tin pants
Mac bib pants (?)

more recent stuff might include
Levi trucker
Ultralight jacket and vest
48 hr duffle
24 hr brief

lots of the bags are discontinued, much less of the clothing.

what else would you put on the list as core Filson?
For style and build quality, I would add the Small Compartment Case. Similar to the Sportsman but smaller with more organization slots. Also, maybe the twill cooler because the uninitiated (my GF) can’t tell the three apart. Oddly, I’ve never had that problem. Lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads