• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikeman

Reaction score
Sorry its taken so long for the pictures. Anyway, here are some pictures to show the size of the Medium travler.

I didnt pack it very full, but just to get a general idea of what it can hold I included:

1 pair of percells
12 t-shirts
5 pairs of chinos
1 sweater

And there is still plenty of room for undies, socks, and a dopp kit. Plus room in the exterior pockets.

Last edited:

C3ns0rious

Reaction score
So I've read this whole thread and was debating between a filson 257 and a saddleback for a daily bag went with the filson 257 in brown I think a made the right choice thanks everyone for your post was very helpful

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry its taken so long for the pictures. Anyway, here are some pictures to show the size of the Medium travler.

I didnt pack it very full, but just to get a general idea of what it can hold I included:

1 pair of percells
12 t-shirts
5 pairs of chinos
1 sweater

And there is still plenty of room for undies, socks, and a dopp kit. Plus room in the exterior pockets.

I received
the medium travel bag in blue. The colour is stunning, darker than I expected. Maybe not as classic as the otter green but I would get the same colour for the 256 and probably will.

Last edited:

kdga

Reaction score
This may have been listed already but just in case, I'm seeing 20% discount (25% if you have a store card) at Brooks Brothers today and tomorrow, including Filson items. Just ordered an original briefcase and medium travel bag for $416 instead of $520, plus shipping.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: TheClymb.com is having a substantial Filson sale right now. All Wool Duffels are $150, Levi's tote $165, Rugged twill bucket bags $100. They have some other bags as well.

If you aren't a member of theClymb, PM me for a referral and you will get $15 off first order as well (spam note: I would get a $15 credit as well). EDIT: Not sure if you get a $15 credit at this point, it used to work that way but don't know how they do it right now.

The Filson sale generally is quite large - lots of clothing as well but given that this is a bag thread thought you guys might find the bag info the most relevant. I'm hemming and hawing over whether to buy the wool duffel. I have more duffel bags than I know what to do with at this point (none of them filson, however).

http://www.theclymb.com/brand-event...Email&utm_source=ET&utm_campaign=042213+inov8

Last edited:

milesbeyond

Reaction score
PSA: TheClymb.com is having a substantial Filson sale right now. All Wool Duffels are $150, Levi's tote $165, Rugged twill bucket bags $100. They have some other bags as well.

If you aren't a member of theClymb, PM me for a referral and you will get $15 off first order as well (spam note: I would get a $15 credit as well). EDIT: Not sure if you get a $15 credit at this point, it used to work that way but don't know how they do it right now.

The Filson sale generally is quite large - lots of clothing as well but given that this is a bag thread thought you guys might find the bag info the most relevant. I'm hemming and hawing over whether to buy the wool duffel. I have more duffel bags than I know what to do with at this point (none of them filson, however).

http://www.theclymb.com/brand-event...Email&utm_source=ET&utm_campaign=042213+inov8
Great deal on some apparel. No Medium in the westlake vest...which is a bummer. Hopefully being on the wait list helps me out! I know it's a bit sketchy...but considering getting a small and trying to exchange at the Filson shop here in Seattle...

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any thoughts on using the medium duffle in real life?

I have one at home that I am considering returning as while it looks cool, i think functionally it may not be all that.
Seems a bit hard to find stuff inside of it, and is rather uncomfortable to lug around.

I also have an Rei Cargo Weekender http://www.rei.com/product/747934/rei-cargo-weekender-bag , which i currently use for all my weekend trips and it is alot more functional. U shaped zippers, mutliple compartments,lighter,etc.... and its only ~60 bucks. Of course its REI, and nylon. Not so cool looking.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had my medium duffle for about a year. While I love the material and everything, I am disliking it more and more because of its size and weight. I probably would've been fine with a small. I find it easy to pack but lugging it around an airport or city is a *****.

Maybe I'm just a ***** but I might look for a lighter and smaller bag.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had my medium duffle for about a year. While I love the material and everything, I am disliking it more and more because of its size and weight. I probably would've been fine with a small. I find it easy to pack but lugging it around an airport or city is a *****.

Maybe I'm just a ***** but I might look for a lighter and smaller bag.

Thanks. when I got my 256 originally, I wasn't used to the weight of it, espcially when full of books and stuff. Is it the same deal with your duffle?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. when I got my 256 originally, I wasn't used to the weight of it, espcially when full of books and stuff. Is it the same deal with your duffle?

Yeah. It all depends what you use it for. If I needed it for a weekend golf trip, that's one thing. I ******* hated myself toting it around Asia for two weeks.

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually found that my Sportsman is uncomfortably heavy when I pack it, and hate using it as a carry-on now, and as an overnight/gym bag, which is basically all that I bought it to use for.

Been looking into a lighter bag. Saw the Qwstion Weekender and been thinking about it.

Last edited:

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought the small duffle. Adequate for daily gym needs. But Might be a big small for anything more than an overnight trip. It's lighter than a 257 (less fabric overall due to having no compartments). If this bag is too heavy for you, you're probably just weak as the women on "the walking dead".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads