1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. misofluffy

misofluffy New Member

Hey everyone!

So I’m new here but I just wanted to say a huge thank you. I’m a college student who was looking for his first briefcase and I stumbled across this thread. Hearing you guys talk about Filson got me really excited and I knew it was what I wanted.

After a ton of google searching/waiting, I found a store online called W Concept that’s selling the Navy Original Briefcase (256) at 30% off ($157.50). If you sign up for their email you get an extra 20% off and free shipping. I finally decided to take the plunge and got mine for $126. Sale lasts all day I think!Just thought I'd spread some Christmas cheer. :)

Happy Holidays

2 people like this.
  2. markkohfm

markkohfm Member

I signed up for the newsletter but how do i get the extra 20%?

Edit: The offer is really good, thanks to misofluffy. Purchased one as well at http://us.wconcept.com/original-briefcase-4. For those who do not receive the email after registering, the discount code is GET20%FREESHIPPING.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Code isn't working for me and the only thing they emailed me says "Newsletter subscription access?"

Can anyone confirm? This is a great deal (better than the last BB sale)

e: Figured it out. You need to create an account and log in, and once you do that the extra 20% off coupon will work if you apply it in cart. Just snagged the 257 in Otter green for $154 - now to see if they actually ship it!

1 person likes this.
  4. markkohfm

markkohfm Member

It should be $126 after the promo code.

5. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^good stuff. i went with a 257 in brown. at this price this will make great gifts. remember to register for the site then apply the code GET20%FREESHIPPING. i got a confirmed price of $154 also.

7. markkohfm

markkohfm Member

Oh yes think all the remaining original briefcases were bought by members of this forum. Lol. Great share! Any other discounts around? :p

8. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

Awesome 1st post MISO ... got myself the brown computer bag for $154 ... shipped to sister's place in NC, so no tax either!

9. poena

poena Senior member

does anyone own both the 257 and 256 and use both?

I have a 257 but these days since I've stopped bringing lunch into work and not carrying a laptop my 257 is mostly empty and seems way too big.

but buying a 256 seems kind of pointless unless it is that much smaller? All i'm really carrying now is a book, nalgene water bottle, phone charger, a snack or 2 and a small umbrella

10. dcg

dcg Senior member

I own and use a 256 and 257. Necessary? Of course not. I went a little crazy on the filson stuff a few years back when eBags had coupons and you could stack with Bing cash back.

That said, my 256 is brown and my 257 is tan. I chose those colors purposely to have the slimmer/dressier brown when nicer dress is required, and the larger/more casual tan for day to day.

257 is 50% larger than 256 (6" deep vs. 4" - all other measurements are the same).

11. misofluffy

misofluffy New Member

No problem, guys. Glad I could help some of you! Can't wait to get my first (and probably last) briefcase!

12. rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow Member

Just ordered a 257 from the above site, got the $154 price...hell of a deal. I have been using the Saddleback Chesnut Large for about 3 years. I like it, and thought of selling it as it is hard to justify more than one daily briefcase, but at the price above, I will just keep both for now. I have always liked the Saddleback, but I travel quite a bit and I have always fretted about losing small items out of the top as it doesn't shut.

Anyway, thanks! Saved good money. Cheers!

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^thanks again man.

i just got shipping confirmation for my 257. it looks like the brown is already sold out, but there are still otter green available.

http://us.wconcept.com/briefcase-computer-bag-1

^remember to register before applying the discount code. as mentioned before by hooker4186.

what a deal $154 for a 257 with free shipping! the great part is that the shipped it out already and only located in NJ so it'll arrive here in CT tomorrow (right before xmas).

14. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Are you getting actual shipping notification emails? Mine is showing as shipped on the site but no emails as of yet

I'd be very chuffed if it made it to me in NYC tomorrow, but not holding my breath as it isn't showing as picked up yet.

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i got the UPS quantum notification. not picked up yet still don't really need it by tomorrow, its nice to know that the order went through, there's stock, and its shipping soon.

16. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Not likely to be the last IMHO.

The 256 is the entry-level bag that takes you in and steers you towards the bigger and harder options. 256 is good for scooting around town with low payload, but when you travel or need to carry heavier payload then the 257 or the 258 may magically appear in the cupboard .. and then there is the 252 leather satchel .... to really wow the crowd ..

Welcome to the Filson Anonymous self-support group.

1 person likes this.
  17. quuz

quuz Senior member

And don't forget the filson leather tote, amazing bag, wish I could justify spending the cash on it though :(

18. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

QFT- I have the 258 and have been toying with the idea of the 252 for more than a couple of years. Have done well so far resisting but then again like I tell the satellite sites that I travel to coming from "the mother ship (Foundation)" resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.....

19. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Maybe I'm too late to jump on the bandwagon, but the prices of 257s and 256s on the w-concept shop are no longer 30% off. All I can get is 20% off with free shipping with the coupon code.
    Is it just me or their sale has ended?

20. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Thanks! The flask is quite nice, actually. Haven't used it too much though.
    Also, thanks for steering this thread back on track. :cheers:

Seems like some nice deals were scored today on Filson bags. :nodding: