• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ferragamo shoe lines

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been searching the site and googling for a simple run down on the 'hierarchy' of the lines. I'm a bit of a newbie, but from what I know
1 Studio line - cheap and one to avoid
2 Ferragamo line (has big printed logo on inside, 'ferragamo' written on a shoe like curve) also marked 'Lavorazione Originale'. Reasonable quality.
3 Tramezzas. Very good quality if overpriced. Has a fabric label inside on the insole. Grey background with white cursive letters.

What confuses me a little is seeing 'Tramezza' type labels on non-Tramezza shoes. And another range which has a cursive 'Salvatore Ferragamo' directly embossed on the insole. Can anyone enlighten me please? Thanks in advance

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
What confuses me a little is seeing 'Tramezza' type labels on non-Tramezza shoes.

where did you see this?

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I several Ferragamo shoes they are several years old. I've been very please with their quality. I've not been tempted to buy any of the lastest Ferragamos I've seen. There seems to be so many better looking and higher quality shoes around these days.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
While I several Ferragamo shoes they are several years old. I've been very please with their quality. I've not been tempted to buy any of the lastest Ferragamos I've seen. There seems to be so many better looking and higher quality shoes around these days.

Agreed on the last line.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
But the availability of designer lines especially Ferragamos is much greater than the higher quality/better value lines, at least where I live. Sales tend to be pretty good too eg Tramezzas and Lavorazione Originale at half price, which makes them reasonable value....

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40