• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick Owens Dunks - Need help with authentication if possible?

elsas_warehouse

Reaction score
Hello all and good evening. I am new on this forum in search of someone or people on here who can possibly help me authenticate a couple of Rick Owens Dunks sneakers we have. I run a small shop and we specialize in Men's shoes of all kinds. Anyways, I received these the other day from a garage sale and decided not to list them on our eBay store yet, until I can get opinions and second set of eyes who know this brand more than I do. I have NEVER picked up any Rick Owens items before and this is the first for me. The only thing I know about the brand is that they are expensive.... =)

So, after doing a little bit of research about these shoes, I quickly realized that there are some fakers out there that make replicas of these ( go figure...). However, after a little more research and investigation, I also realized that the ones I have seem to lean more on the "authentic" side, except for a couple of things.

One, the zipper toggle on both are YKK zippers, as opposed to the Reccagni zippers. However, I've also read on other forums that these shoes have used YKK zippers, depending on the year they were manufactured (don't know if that's true or not...).

Two. For the life of me, I can not see or find the size label or mark anywhere. I know that the size are supposed to be on the inside flap of the zipper. On both of mine, when I look there, it seems like there has been some kind of writing there before that could have worn off. Are these size labels or writing prone to coming off over time?

Three. On all the pictures of any Rick Owens shoes I've seen, I always see the shoes' serial number on the inside near the top side of the shoes with a "MADE IN ITALY" stamp, or lettering. I don't see that on mine. For the ones I have, they both have a "851-1 S" number (serial number???) stamp but no "MADE IN ITALY". Others have said that again, in the older line of these RO Dunks, those stamps are not always there.... I am a bit confused...

Anyways, I have attached some photos of the shoes with this thread so that the experts on here can possibly help me if they can. I just don't want to list them only to find out later that they are fakes and then eBay will come shut me down... =) Thank you all very much in advance and any help at all will be very ,much appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC06740.JPG
    DSC06740.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC06741.JPG
    DSC06741.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC06746.JPG
    DSC06746.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC06750.JPG
    DSC06750.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 432

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads