• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite plain white t-shirt?

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
ok, i'm really interested in this uniqlo blank tees. problem is i don't live in japan or new york. how can i get a pair?

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, has any body here heard about the brand "avril"? Their products are Made in US. Durable.

Ahaz

Reaction score
I just got a Calvin Klein pima undershirt that I'm very happy with. A small fits me like an AA medium 2001 jersey (although their sizing is so inconsistent that's pretty meaningless) except it doesn't billow out around the waist and is maybe a hair longer. It's incredibly soft and thin.

Valgar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahaz
I just got a Calvin Klein pima undershirt that I'm very happy with. A small fits me like an AA medium 2001 jersey (although their sizing is so inconsistent that's pretty meaningless) except it doesn't billow out around the waist and is maybe a hair longer. It's incredibly soft and thin.
I was going to ask what people thought of CK. I love their underwear so I just ordered a bunch of tees on their site with the 25% off sale they are having. Although the fact that you said a small fits you like an AA medium worries me since I ordered Mediums.

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Valgar
I was going to ask what people thought of CK. I love their underwear so I just ordered a bunch of tees on their site with the 25% off sale they are having. Although the fact that you said a small fits you like an AA medium worries me since I ordered Mediums.

It's gonna look ******* GINORMOUS when you get it, but will shrink a ton after a wash and dry - much like most undershirts. I'd be happy to go take measurements of mine if you'd like.

DanTheLadiesMan

Reaction score
My favorite undershirts are definitely the C-IN2 pima cotton shirts. These shirts have an incredibly soft feel, stay true to shape wash-after-wash (due to their non-torque design), have a nice slim/body-hugging cut, and best of all are affordable.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Valgar
I got some of their t-shirts at Marshalls or something and they are pretty bleh. They shrink a bit but the fabric isn't stretchy, and I should have sized down. They are not short, but not as long as some. At least the collars are okay though.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Badseeds
Just curious, has any body here heard about the brand "avril"? Their products are Made in US. Durable.

My bad, should be "anvil"......worst typo today.

atroopan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DanTheLadiesMan
My favorite undershirts are definitely the C-IN2 pima cotton shirts. These shirts have an incredibly soft feel, stay true to shape wash-after-wash (due to their non-torque design), have a nice slim/body-hugging cut, and best of all are affordable.

+1 - Pima cotton is well worth every penny and the C-IN2 brand seems to pull off the body-hugging thing quite nice.

troop

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Where are these C-IN2 sold?

atroopan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Where are these C-IN2 sold?

I got mine online - type into google and a store called freshpair comes up. They're on sale for like 14 bucks a pop for the crew. Free shipping - what you got to loose other than 14 bucks? They're sooooooooo soft !

troop

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Badseeds
My bad, should be "anvil"......worst typo today.

I had a friend order me some wholesale anvil Ts awhile ago, I got the "fashion" fit, I think, it was lighter weight and more fitted than the normal T. I liked them a lot, though the medium is a little short for someone six feet and up, I mean, it covers with your hands down, but raise them up and you'll show some stomach.

So yeah, good shirts. I like the fit better than Uniqlo, though Uniqlo has a nicer length for me.

Ahaz

Reaction score
I tried on a Cap E plain tee in natural at the Levi store today. It was 90/10 cotton poly, super soft, and a great fit EXCEPT that it came down to the end of my back pockets! Hey, I like my shirts a little longer but this was a dress almost. If it was 5 inches shorter, and not $85....

Nordstroms V-necks aren't bad. Not slim, but not boxy. Kind of a bland fit. The sleeves are also done differently. Can't really describe it, but they feel weird. At $24.50 for three, though, they're much better than spending half that on Fruit of the Loom or Hanes tees at Walmart.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads