favorite plain white t-shirt?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by evacuatingheaven, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Senior member

How does Alt Apparel compare?

2. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

Alt App is about on the same level as Amer App. I find wholesalers to buy Hanes Beefy-T's. Nice, thick, decent fit. Last time I got them for like $3/shirt.

3. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

I like the thin t-shirt material that's normally used in 'vintage shirts', it'd be nice to find some of those in plain white. They're more comfortable in the so cal heat in summer.

if you get the tri-blend shirts from AA after several washing they become like that vintage, sheer, thin material that vintage tshirts. i'm pretty sure 50/50 shirts will get like that eventually too.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, AA has a couple tshirt blends like the tri/50/summer shirt that are sheer like vintage things. I can't do that though. I don't like my belly button and nipples showing. I can't wear hanes ts with jeans because the fit that is slim enough on me, is too short. AA jersey cotton works for me. I didn't really like the h&m fit when i tried their tshirts on when i was in boston. The medium was a bit off, and the small was a bit tight. I don't know, i'd like to find more stuff. I'll probably get some MJK tshirts when he makes them because his size old small fit me perfectly, but i couldn't keep it because it had fashion holes in it and an undershirt looked weird(i never layer tshirts). I'll definitely get a white one if he makes it. I don't know how you guys wear thin tshirts without any nipple showing.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

My HM larges fit nice until I washed them. The fabric turned to shit and shrank. No longer fit me in the shoulders and sits retarded on my frame.

I alwears wear a ck wife beat under which is why I never show nipple but I've had it with plain Ts. I got a box full of uniqlo Ts in diff colors from darkanimal on sufu and will be testing those out but the sleeves are already very slim on the Larges so if they shrink much (which I'm assuming they will) I will be fucked. They are made in china too which disappointed me unlike the socks which are made in japan.

6. alterion

alterion Senior member

Out of curiosity, what do they run in the USA? I'm always amazed at the prices and the sort of kitschy character Uniqlo has in the US; in Japan, it's an almost ubiquitous presence and not something terribly desirable. There, I'd say the plain tees would be about 1000 yen ($9 or so)... but likewise there you can get the jeans for less than $30 and here they are often twice that.
    sorry i live in the UK, in the UK uniqlo stuff is completely comparable to other brands around like h&m ect, probably slightly cheaper than gap if here. The pima cotton t-shirts cost £7.99 which is like $16, but things are usually more expensive over here. the jeans were £25 here, but that's the same as a pair would cost in any other highstreet retailer here for an inferior quality product. I am a massive fan of uniqlo (and muji- the other Japanese retailer that has a presence in london).

7. dso

dso Member

I've been lately wearing Kirkland white T's from Costco. Pack of 5 I think is like 15. They fit a little slim and they haven't lost the original shape compared to American Apparel which usually seems to end up short and wide. The Kirklands also are a little thicker than other undershirts and they have aegis, and antimicrobial treatment.

8. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

AA tees are my fav....6 oz. heavyweight cotton, they fit great and hold their shape after multiple washings.

9. avatar

My favorite undershirt is the Polo Ralph Lauren undershirts that are stocked regularly at TJMaxx.

10. ino

ino Senior member

hmm what do you guys do about yellowing of white tees?

11. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Garbage can?

12. asobu

asobu Senior member

There, I'd say the plain tees would be about 1000 yen ($9 or so)... but likewise there you can get the jeans for less than $30 and here they are often twice that.

Got a pack of plain white cotton crewneck today, 3 shirts cost me 790 yen. I like them, but only as undershirts since there's too much nipple showing.

13. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

topman....cheap cheap cheap, and the fit is spot on. slim, but not too slim.

14. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

Switch to deoderant instead of anti-perspirant. I've heard that vinegar and/or crushed up aspirin mixed in water can take out those yellow stains, but I've never tried it.

15. ino

ino Senior member

wow and i thought it was age related lol