• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fall/Winter 2010 Runway Thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like geller, at least that doo has talent.

I will be copping some of his basic blend tees for spring actually.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
what did i say?

i bought a couple pieces from that collection

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Junya impressed me quite a bit this season. Almost as if he had this whole progression planned in his head over the last few years and it's all starting to make sense (at least to me, that is). I also can't hate on a collection that oozes the very thing I love about Jazz and the musicians I grew up listening to. Also very much appreciate the fact he kept the show very minimal, with some of the looks being the same only with a jacket thrown over. It felt real. Like this is what real men wear, or better yet, what the Junya man wears.
00080m.jpg
00100m.jpg
00130m.jpg
00180m.jpg
Tim Blanks review; The experience of watching a show by Rei Kawakubo or her protÃ
00a9.png
00a9.png
Junya Watanabe is akin to being given a code to crack, hardly a challenge which presents itself very often in the fashion arena. And that’s why I could reel away from today’s shows in Paris with a sense of achievement. I cracked the code! It mightn’t have been their code, but it sure worked for me. The first clue is always the invitation. Junya’s featured a tripartite photographic exposition of America’s military might. Think about it—that was the average Japanese family’s introduction to the West after World War II. Next clue: music. Junya’s was Charlie Parker’s be-bop. Now you have to imagine jazz as the sound of democracy. Then came the clothes that go with the freedom. At an average fashion show, the pork pie hats, shades and narrow black ties might be set aside as stylists’ flourishes, but here they were finishing touches to outfits that starred the slender tailoring of Parker and his cohorts, emphasised by attenuated silhouettes. Rebirth of the cool? “This is a man” was the theme of the show. It was a real Junya moment.
(By the way, I'm going to take this small moment to say how much I hate the transition from men.style.com to gq.com. Such a waste! Very unfortunate that us Men have to be relegated to GQ's musings now, when men.style was a great counter part to style.com. Not to mention the fact Tim Blanks' reviews are now on style.com, for men's shows! Not sure what will happen to those witty gents who did the fashion segments, in the closet either, I rather enjoyed their ramblings during the middle of a busy work week. Sigh.)

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can view Richard Chai F/W menswear that showed this morning? I've only seen his women's stuff (which was awesome) posted so far.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^no brooo

DesignerValet

Reaction score
No love for the NY shows?

Can't wait for SoCal to rock the raccoon-tailed ballgown skirt from Thom Browne
lol8[1].gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went to Patrik Ervell's show in NYC and rather liked it.

A strong conceptual sense combined with individually wearable pieces.

I also saw Band of Outsiders who was reliable as usual, but the whole line strikes me less as brilliantly designed then artfully styled.

alphaO888

Reaction score
Easily the best jacket of the majority of the FW 2010 collections out there, but I can't manage to find it anywhere - even on the Prorsum site... they only have it in the hideous white... I think it may be sold out..

Anyone see any around?

burberry-shearling-bbb-essentials-lg-55849683.jpg

Originally Posted by gawkrodger
I really liked Prorsum

Definetly will be getting the flying jacket at the front here

59298702.preview.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why not go to the Burberry store in SoHo? They had it there last month

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked the Soho one in a minute but the store on fifth/Madison should have it as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads