• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

volcanotristate

Reaction score
Kinda off topic, but I purchased something on a site that rhymes with failed that I believe is fake. I made the purchase more than six months ago. Is it a complete waste of my time to try to get my money back?
I think the Statue of Elimination might be expired on that one.

jessadangiwan

Reaction score
Hey Guys! :) Anyways I was going through my parents old stuff when I saw this Versace Jeans Couture Denim jacket. At first I didnt actually care about the brand but then after 3 years of having it in my closet I got curious if its authentic or knockoff.

So I searched online but then I cant find anything helpful so I believe or think that this isa fake since I cant see any tag with the code they keep saying online hihi. Anyways I search the vintage patch or logo of versace and saw one similar to mine. But no furthur information about the era or stuff. I only have the piece # but sadly that aint doing me some good. I really hope someone replies to this hahah thank you so much!

You can check the attached photos if it helps haha

IMG_20200927_052925.jpg

i dont know what that means haha and i dont trust google translate that much haha help!
IMG_20200927_053008.jpg
IMG_20200927_052859.jpg
IMG_20200927_053106.jpg

Attachments

Mackson333

Reaction score

Langoliers

Reaction score
Hey people, I just got these Fear of God jiu jitsu pants for what seemed like a good deal on ebay, some inconsistencies with other examples online are making me think they're fake... I would really appreciate some help with this. It seems to me that the care/content tags are wrong (content should be just 100% cotton & care section lacks alternative wash instructions), the size tag on the waistband is missing (I can feel something inside the waistband where it's supposed to be???), the brand label lettering looks flimsy (T in "collection" looks funny), and the stitching on the rubber tag misses the pre-punched holes. Someone please tell me, does FOG just have bad QC or have I been duped?

Attachments

Pulse

Reaction score
Can you tell me this margiela sneakers is original or fake?
No sneaker expert here, but based on this youtube video, your pair is fake.

Few tells :
- on the outsole, 22 and numbers are off. Too big and too deep & clean
- on the inside, size is supposed to be on top of "made in Italy"
- on the insole, the "70's" is over the line
- on the inside, should be "42 168" without the "replica". Also font, size and no bold on the real one.

I highly suggest you not to buy them.

McFly31415926

Reaction score
No sneaker expert here, but based on this youtube video, your pair is fake.

Few tells :
- on the outsole, 22 and numbers are off. Too big and too deep & clean
- on the inside, size is supposed to be on top of "made in Italy"
- on the insole, the "70's" is over the line
- on the inside, should be "42 168" without the "replica". Also font, size and no bold on the real one.

I highly suggest you not to buy them.
Yeah, I think that you are correct. Also the bottom of the sole should be smooth (i.e., without any design).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's