• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Boots-N-Shoes

Reaction score
Upon taking more pics and seeing the Gancici Bit up close I'm done second-guessing myself, there is no doubt these are fake Ferragamo Loafers.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone tell me if these Ferragamo Venetian loafers are real or fake? I have seen similar loafers by Jimmy Choo but have never really known Ferragamo to make glittered men's bit loafers, any thoughts? I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to view my post.
View attachment 1459345View attachment 1459346View attachment 1459347View attachment 1459437View attachment 1459438View attachment 1459439View attachment 1459440View attachment 1459441View attachment 1459442
Fake

superpotato

Reaction score
Hi, can someone help me legit check this Rick Owens leather bomber jacket. It seems legit to me but the designer and season tag is stitched incorrectly. Much appreciated.

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7975.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_7972.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

CDStyle

Reaction score
Is this a real Valentino tie?

(Also, how do you know if it's actually grenadine vs the faux grenadine?)

Pulse

Reaction score
I'm a little bit confused here. Judging by the font it should be RLPL, but the tag is blue. Am I missing something?

RLPL.PNG

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loro Piana Storm System label on the inside of a puffer jacket. Any idea of authenticity?

Loro Piana SS fabric is used in many garments sold by various retailers under various labels. It’s not necessarily a Loro Piana jacket. More likely a jacket made with LP fabric.
The label looks authentic. But it’s not a Loro Piana jacket.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a real Valentino tie?

(Also, how do you know if it's actually grenadine vs the faux grenadine?)
Valentino is real. It just looks like a textured weave from what I can see. Grenadine will be a slightly more open weave (not to be confused with a crunchy knit) with very specific weave patterns. Look at google images of grenadine ‘Garza grossa’ and ‘garza fina’. Zoom in and you’ll see what I mean.

I'm a little bit confused here. Judging by the font it should be RLPL, but the tag is blue. Am I missing something?

View attachment 1462214
If I remember correctly, that label is from a transition period before RLPL was a thing. I’m not 100% on this but I believe they were made by Corneliani as opposed to St. Andrews/Cantarelli/Caruso (RLPL makers). Corneliani also makes for the standard PRL Italy line but I’ve heard that the blue script label was made to a higher standard but that could be completely made up.

Again, I haven’t had any coffee yet and I might be completely misremembering literally everything I just typed but I’m pretty sure that’s the case.

Pulse

Reaction score
Valentino is real. It just looks like a textured weave from what I can see. Grenadine will be a slightly more open weave (not to be confused with a crunchy knit) with very specific weave patterns. Look at google images of grenadine ‘Garza grossa’ and ‘garza fina’. Zoom in and you’ll see what I mean.

If I remember correctly, that label is from a transition period before RLPL was a thing. I’m not 100% on this but I believe they were made by Corneliani as opposed to St. Andrews/Cantarelli/Caruso (RLPL makers). Corneliani also makes for the standard PRL Italy line but I’ve heard that the blue script label was made to a higher standard but that could be completely made up.

Again, I haven’t had any coffee yet and I might be completely misremembering literally everything I just typed but I’m pretty sure that’s the case.
Thank you for sharing this! So quality wise it is perhaps not as high standard as the regular RLPL but still very good.
I'm gonna give it a try then :)

effervescere

Reaction score
Hey there! I recently purchased this coat second hand, and was wondering if it was real? The lining pattern is what keeps throwing me off, as I can't seem to find any mentions of different patterns Burberry might have used in their coats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I recently purchased this coat second hand, and was wondering if it was real? The lining pattern is what keeps throwing me off, as I can't seem to find any mentions of different patterns Burberry might have used in their coats.

I'm almost positive it’s genuine. I can’t speak to the lining But the coat looks vintage so my guess is it’s an older pattern. Burberry has changed a lot over the years and I’m afraid I can’t help with that.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Legit

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda off topic, but I purchased something on a site that rhymes with failed that I believe is fake. I made the purchase more than six months ago. Is it a complete waste of my time to try to get my money back?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's