• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you have a picture of the crest on the jacket as well as the zippers?

The stuff you've shown looks good (haven't checked spelling and stuff). The cartoon looks faded as it should. A lot of the fakes have a vibrantly colored cartoon.

I'd say you're good to go if the certilogo checks out, as the tags all look right to me. Couldn't hurt to post pics of the crest and zips though. Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, mate. This jacket does not have the crest, and has the French flag instead. And I don't have the picture of the zipper.

The only thing concerns me is the Cartoon. The blue ink looks a little blurry.

Last edited:

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, is this the Fedor? Love that jacket.

When I blew up the pic of the cartoon, it does look a tad blurry in the writing, but it's hard to tell if that's just poor photos or not. Also, the material the cartoon is on is known to fray at the edges and stuff, it's not great quality. The colors look right to me though, and that's always a big concern.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahh, is this the Fedor? Love that jacket.

When I blew up the pic of the cartoon, it does look a tad blurry in the writing, but it's hard to tell if that's just poor photos or not. Also, the material the cartoon is on is known to fray at the edges and stuff, it's not great quality. The colors look right to me though, and that's always a big concern.

Yes, it is the Fedor. I agree the Cartoon color looks OK...

One more concern is the UPC code. The seller (ebay) posted a tag with UPC code reads: 8 054403 071176. I googled this UPC code and found NOTHING (this is a serious alarm :( )

Last edited:

brando090

Reaction score
Just curious if you have seen a Constance belt with the logo brushed into the front of the belt, such as below? Authentic?

hugoboss124

Reaction score
Hi I Want to buy those shoes from a friend but i have a little doubt if they are original he dont have the box, thank you if you can help.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are second hand then forget them. If you can't trust what he says that he cannot be much of a friend.

mco543

Reaction score
2 items here if anyone could let me know I'd appreciate it

D&G sweater

Armani pants, fake or old as ****?

Steve Kane

Reaction score
Anyone have any insight on this Gucci v neck? I was thinking legit as it seems like a weird non-gaudy item to fake, but the logo on the back has me second guessing.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any insight on this Gucci v neck? I was thinking legit as it seems like a weird non-gaudy item to fake, but the logo on the back has me second guessing.
I vote legit, tags seem right and like you said not gaudy enough to be worth faking

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw one of them at some trader in Jinan, 188 Yuan CNY.

mco543

Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone faking Oxxford and that particular suit is 30+ years old and damaged.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads