• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell based on the single picture, but the label looks like my shirts. TB isn't typically a faked brand, anyways.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello, Does anyone know if this gucci belt is authentic? Thanks!
Yea it looks good from here, stamp is perfect, backing appears to be suede, upper is nicely stamped and looks like quality leather. I have the same one, the buckle weighs a ton and is flawless

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate your help here gents! Picked up these Thom Browne sweats cheap on eBay, and wanted to make sure they're legit before removing tags. Drawstrings have blue/white/red stripe on metal tips, came with the bag as shown in photos, RN number goes back to Thom Browne:

Last edited:

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like if the RN checks out you are good.

That's what I thought to, but wanted to make sure, because it seems as if these were drop shipped from Hong Kong. Seller is based in CT per their eBay ID, but shipment via DHL came out of Hong Kong. Also confused by the price listed on the invoice from the HK Mall where they were bought. Shows a price of 699, but if that's HKD then it was only ~$90 USD, which doesn't make any sense since these are $450 per Thom Brownes website. Will post a picture of the invoice when I get back home after work.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would appreciate your help here gents! Picked up these Thom Browne sweats cheap on eBay, and wanted to make sure they're legit before removing tags. Drawstrings have blue/white/red stripe on metal tips, came with the bag as shown in photos, RN number goes back to Thom Browne:

Kinda weird that is says made in Japan on the front tag and sweatpants but then says assembled in USA on back of tag

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kinda weird that is says made in Japan on the front tag and sweatpants but then says assembled in USA on back of tag

That's what I thought was weird too... Editing to add that there we no pictures of the inner tags in the auction itself : /

Last edited:

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else have any insight before I push for a return due to authenticity? Still think the made in Japan & assembled in USA is weird. Anyone have a legit pair to compare to - I tried comparing to sold listings on eBay, but honestly not 100% sure which of those are legit and which are fake.

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score

Anyone else have any insight before I push for a return due to authenticity? Still think the made in Japan & assembled in USA is weird. Anyone have a legit pair to compare to - I tried comparing to sold listings on eBay, but honestly not 100% sure which of those are legit and which are fake.

Maybe try google image and see if you can compare? Maybe the Japan/USA thing means the materials come from Japan but they are put together in the states?

nikmald

Reaction score
I would appreciate if anyone could help me determine originality of this Belstaff jacket. Is it a real-real thing? I know there are some mind-blowing fake jackets.
My reasons for concern are:
- Snips have clear uppers, and have Belstaff–Belstaff engraving only on the rear side,
- There are tags but no barcode (although it was a gift), and they are attached to the zipper slider,
- The jacket does not feature corduroy inside part of the collar.

Perhaps these characteristics cannot prove anything with certainty. This particular jacket certainly looks neatly done and does not have any shaky parts or messy stitching. It does have the label under the pocket flap, the badge and it is ‘made in Italy’. Maybe some of the more experienced members could share their opinions on this matter. I would really appreciate your help!

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the crest on the jacket as well as the zippers?

The stuff you've shown looks good (haven't checked spelling and stuff). The cartoon looks faded as it should. A lot of the fakes have a vibrantly colored cartoon.

I'd say you're good to go if the certilogo checks out, as the tags all look right to me. Couldn't hurt to post pics of the crest and zips though. Hope this helps!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads