• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This suit is a genuine Sartorio indeed, all look correct and buttonholes are clearly handmade.

I don't know if it's certainly new but it is genuine, only not so recent.

doods

Reaction score
Well the "Sartorio by who" seems important to me as the style (cut, fabrics, ...) changed when Kiton bought the Sartorio brand so selling a Sartorio by Kiton whereas it is a Satorio by Attolini is deceitful in my opinion and I can't help but wonder if this is a genuine mistake from the seller or something else... and as I pointed out, there are other strange thing about this suit (like the labels) so that's why I wanted advice

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would prefer a Sartorio by Attolini but maybe that's just me. If there are no signs of it being worn except for the unstitched pockets and vents, I'd be inclined to accept it as 'new'

doods

Reaction score
I would prefer a Sartorio by Attolini but maybe that's just me. If there are no signs of it being worn except for the unstitched pockets and vents, I'd be inclined to accept it as 'new'

I'm not sure I understand that you're implying : do you actually prefer Sartorio's suits when they were owned by Attolini or are you just saying you prefer Attolini's suits vs Kiton's ?

From what I understand, one must consider the fact that Sartorio had a lower quality when it was part of Attolini.

I agree with you about the "new" condition but that's not the important part, what I really wanted to know was if it was a Sartorio by Kiton or Sartorio by Attolini suit ?

Last edited:

Shredder

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Ermenegildo Zegna 100% cashmere jacket??

Have not before seen the second label pictured. Maybe because it's Canadian made?

Responses much appreciated!!

Wayward

Reaction score

Thoughts on this Ermenegildo Zegna 100% cashmere jacket?? Have not before seen the second label pictured. Maybe because it's Canadian made? Responses much appreciated!!
The blue label only denotes that the FABRIC is from Zegna's mill, not that it's manufactured by them. A similar tag has a reddish background, and would say "Tessuto". Unfortunately, either because of ignorance or deceit, many sellers try to pass these off as suits made by Zegna. Zegna-made suits never have those labels. I think mainline Zegna's factories are only in Italy, Switzerland and Spain, whereas the ZZegna's factories are in Mexico and maybe others. "John W. Nordstrom" would be the suit's brand, which looks to be Nordstrom's in-house label. I have no idea who makes clothes for them. There aren't that many Canadian suit manufacturers. I think it's basically just Samuelsohn and Coppley. That fabric tag doesn't look like Samuelsohn, and although I haven't seen a Coppley tag, by system of (uneducated) elimination I'm going to guess Coppley?

Last edited:

Takster

Reaction score
"John W. Nordstrom" would be the suit's brand, which looks to be Nordstrom's in-house label. I have no idea who makes clothes for them. There aren't that many Canadian suit manufacturers. I think it's basically just Samuelsohn and Coppley. That fabric tag doesn't look like Samuelsohn, and although I haven't seen a Coppley tag, by system of (uneducated) elimination I'm going to guess Coppley?

There's also S. Cohen, which is based in Montreal.

Shredder

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

It's still a decent jacket though right? I mean obviously the material is good. Likewise, the manufacturers you mentioned seem to be reliable.

A wool Z Zegna suit will run you about $1400 http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/z-zegna-trim-fit-wool-suit/3295890?origin=keywordsearch
But personally, I'm a fan of the cashmere in this one. Coppley ($1000-1500) and S. Cohen ($700-900) seem to be in a similar range for the Z.

Wayward

Reaction score

There's also S. Cohen, which is based in Montreal.

Funny you would point this out. I noticed that the French word for cashmere came in front of - i.e. above - English on the tag. This had made me suspect strongly that it was made in Quebec.

My guess then is S.Cohen.

Last edited:

Quesjac

Reaction score
Zegna tag is real and that's how they're stitched on, but looks as though it could be an orphan.
Thanks --- I guess on balance of probability it's real, unless anyone's seen 'borrowed' tags stitched in this well (?) The jacket's extremely lightweight, unlined and unstructured, so I can't use the canvas as an index of quality. The thing that surprised me was the vaguely synthetic feel of the wool, but having read a bit, "high performance micronsphere" is supposed to be stain resistant etc. so it could equally be the treatment which gives that effect. Thanks for the input.

JoanK

Reaction score
Hi
Would anyone know if this is a authentic Cartier wallet. Thanks!

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks --- I guess on balance of probability it's real, unless anyone's seen 'borrowed' tags stitched in this well (?) The jacket's extremely lightweight, unlined and unstructured, so I can't use the canvas as an index of quality. The thing that surprised me was the vaguely synthetic feel of the wool, but having read a bit, "high performance micronsphere" is supposed to be stain resistant etc. so it could equally be the treatment which gives that effect. Thanks for the input.

If it is similar to the Traveller Micronsphere then that sounds about right. Super high twist fabric so that it resists creasing as well. Can make it have a little different hand.

Quesjac

Reaction score
If it is similar to the Traveller Micronsphere then that sounds about right. Super high twist fabric so that it resists creasing as well. Can make it have a little different hand.
Great. Given what you've said, and that and I found a match for the buttons on another Zegna jacket, I think that settles it. Cheers.

Imakebread

Reaction score
Could anyone please help me verify if this TB shirt is authentic?

I am not familar with TB shirts and I am getting it for a good friend of mine. But based off google images and the TB website, I am unsure of the tag on the front of the shirt. It is missing the size on the third line of the tag. Other than that the shirt seems pretty well made what do you guys think?

http://imgur.com/gallery/16lDY

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads