• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experience with Executive Custom Tailors?

llcooljayce

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience with Executive Custom Tailors (www.executivecustomtailors.com)? They are offering a Groupon right now for $399 for $1,114 worth of suit, shirt and tie.

Before anyone gets all uppity about MTM suits, I know the risks ... just wondering if any has ever dealt with them and their experiences.

Thanks

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will be crap.

Have you searched for them here - the likely fact is that you will not find the which will give you your answer.

saiyar1

Reaction score
It's a little suspicious that the two people praising joined the forum in the last few days, but who knows. Anyway, I think you can mitigate a lot of the issues with unknown tailors if you are the assertive type who can really go through every single detail of the suit and make sure they are very clear on your preferences. Bringing pictures help a lot too. Some would probably argue that it defeats a lot of the reason why you'd go to a tailor since what kind of a tailor needs to be "forced" to make a "good" suit. Ehh well it's probably the tradeoff for getting a lower price. If you are not very knowledgable about suits and your own tastes, then steer clear.

browne78

Reaction score
It's a little suspicious that the two people praising joined the forum in the last few days, but who knows. Anyway, I think you can mitigate a lot of the issues with unknown tailors if you are the assertive type who can really go through every single detail of the suit and make sure they are very clear on your preferences. Bringing pictures help a lot too. Some would probably argue that it defeats a lot of the reason why you'd go to a tailor since what kind of a tailor needs to be "forced" to make a "good" suit. Ehh well it's probably the tradeoff for getting a lower price. If you are not very knowledgable about suits and your own tastes, then steer clear.

I think thats putting it fairly politely
patch[1].gif

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is nothing suspicious about it, these two and the OP are merely trying to advertise this firm, may even be the same person. it is quite unlikely that TWO newcomers will be so satisfied with a firm that has NEVER been mentioned on here before.

Hopefully no one will fall for this crap.

Keough1206

Reaction score
Under their guarantee, they claim to have yet to make a remake for any of their customers. To me, this doesn't say that their measurements/tailor is perfect but rather that those purchasing MTM items will have a difficult time dealing with customer service/returning an item in the event that there is problem. And let's face it, there will always be issues ordering MTM online, even if you are being measured in person.

They mention "premium material" a number of times but I see little explanation on the site. No idea where and under what circumstances the suits are actually made.

Suit models look very Indochino-esque.

Also, is it me or do the shirts/pocket squares match exactly on the home page? Pretty classless, no?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The very name "Executive" is a bad sign.

Yeh.

Contactable via anonymous email only, Domain registered with anonymous Godaddy proxy.

This is bad.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are new members only alowed to complain and give negative reviews?  Are these forums only around for complaints and negative feedback and I didnt realize when I signed up?  Please let me know, id hate to waste people time by making mention of my good experiances. 

No, but it is as has been said, that TWO new members turn up at the same time to praise an unheard of tailor...Think about it.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

soo much negativity in this group.  For $399 I cant get a ****** off the rack suit for that price.  Made to measure for that price I dont think you can go wrong.  Even if there are some adjustments made after the fact its still cheaper then the ****** ones at Zara, Le Chateau, Tip Top, Moores etc...

That is simply naive. When you have been a member for some time you will learn of the disasters that have afflicted all to many who have gone for MTM online. "Adjustments" have included remaking as the suit simply does not even fit or resemble the measures supplied or tailors that simply ignore the problem.

Online MTM can be described gamble - with the odds against the buyer - at the most polite.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are new members only alowed to complain and give negative reviews?  Are these forums only around for complaints and negative feedback and I didnt realize when I signed up?  Please let me know, id hate to waste people time by making mention of my good experiances. 

You're absolutely right. Though you've only been here for 7 seconds and haven't posted any detailed info or pictures I decided to throw caution to the wind and have faith in my fellow man.

I've ordered twenty suits. :slayer:

I can't wait for my sartorial masterpieces to arrive. :fonz:

Thanks bub.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well im not sure about the other person but I stumbled across this forum after seeing their groupon online.  Perhaps their method of marketing created interest from more then just myself and thats how you are getting new members?

Either way, ill be at the westin this week getting a new suit. 

Well let us know how you get on... remember, pics or it never happened.

Myself, I'm not in the habit of handing over large sums of money to complete strangers in hotel rooms.

Last edited:

crazieness

Reaction score
I was googling them and this thread showed up so I thought I'd check to see if anyone end up trying them out? Any reviews on the product quality and overall experience? They posted a suit + shirt + tie deal for $399 on Kijiji Daily Deals and are coming at the end of July.

Overall I'm not buying what their guarantee is selling. First, they haven't had to re-make one suit. They must be really good if that is the case, or maybe people are having a hard time getting a hold of them, afterall there is no phone number or mailing address listed on their website. I know quite a few people who had their Indochino suit's remade, and I've had heavy alterations made to a Maxwells suit. It's nice that Executive gives you the option to take the suit to a tailor of your choice to have any defects fixed, but as a repayment, they will give you upto a $50 credit towards your next purchase... what if you don't want to order from them again?

Also, I understand that this is a fairly new company, but I'd expect that there would have been more reviews on the WWW for them....

At this point my gut is saying stay away, but hopefully someone can reply back with legit reviews...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads