• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sad. I wish Dawn and Charlie the best. My Equus belts are the only belts I wear. Kept meaning to pick up one of the damascus buckles. They were too cool.

For reference, my five belts from Equus purchased between 2013 - 2018.

Left to right:

Russet Bakers Bridle Leather Belt; Colour: Russet: 1 1/2 Brass West End Roller
West End Bridle Leather Belt; Colour: Burgundy Width / Buckle: 1 3/8 inch in Brass
Scott Oak Bark Harness Leather Belt; Colour: Dark Stain: 1 3/8 Brass West End
Shackleton Harness Leather Belt; Colour: Bakers Light Havanna Harness: 1 3/8 Brass West End
West End Bridle Leather Belt; Colour: Australian Nut: 1 1/4 inch in Stainless Steel

DSC03917.jpg

Last edited:

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the last several years I've purchased 3-4 belts from Equus and had been thinking of another couple. I very much regret not ordering them now. I'm sorry for the Equus team and people who have pending orders. What are some alternatives that people recommend? I think someone mentioned Tim Hardy.

Jasper Highet (you may even find him better):

Catullus

Reaction score
Thank you. It is nice to have some options :). I'm pretty confident that I'd enjoy one from Jasper Highet.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will reach out to Charlie personally and report back.

Aside from our professional relationship, I have been a personal customer of @Equus Leather for years. My favorite is a damascus belt stamped with the date of my anniversary.

Though the circumstances are both surprising and disappointing, I wish Charlie and Dawn the best wishes for their next chapter, and I will report back as I am able.

Last edited:

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jasper Highet (you may even find him better):

While it does not surprise me that other great quality bridle leather bespoke makers can be found, it was Equus' amazing and unique buckle combinations that really put them a shelf above to me.

I still have not ever seen a more cleanly elegant belt than the Stratfield. And the buckle finishes that were offered were stunning. I now feel especially lucky that I have 4 Stratfield belts and a number of buckles. From dressing up jeans, to paring with a suit, I find them unmatched.

Equus Stratfield Belt.jpg

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will reach out toe Charlie personally and report back.

Aside from our professional relationship, I have been a personal customer of @Equus Leather for years. My favorite is a damascus belt stamped with the date of my anniversary.

Though the circumstances are both surprising and disappointing, I wish Charlie and Dawn the best wishes for their next chapter, and I will report back as I am able.

Thank for this. Please convey the sentiments and good wishes of the SF community to Dawn and Charlie.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While it does not surprise me that other great quality bridle leather bespoke makers can be found, it was Equus' amazing and unique buckle combinations that really put them a shelf above to me.

I still have not ever seen a more cleanly elegant belt than the Stratfield. And the buckle finishes that were offered were stunning. I now feel especially lucky that I have 4 Stratfield belts and a number of buckles. From dressing up jeans, to paring with a suit, I find them unmatched.

View attachment 1893107
That's another one I considered. Would love to see some pictures of yours.

shipbroker

Reaction score
Hi all I know everyone really appreciates their work (which though I’ve not been able to experience and was hoping to with this order which now will never be delivered), it is really disappointing that they’ve had to fold and won’t be able to fulfill orders to a whole bunch of customers who will never see their money again (my bank has told me they’re not able to help). A lot of you are surprisingly still positive about them which to me as a customer who’s put hard earned money against an order only to now be stuffed is…. Shocking

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all I know everyone really appreciates their work (which though I’ve not been able to experience and was hoping to with this order which now will never be delivered), it is really disappointing that they’ve had to fold and won’t be able to fulfill orders to a whole bunch of customers who will never see their money again (my bank has told me they’re not able to help). A lot of you are surprisingly still positive about them which to me as a customer who’s put hard earned money against an order only to now be stuffed is…. Shocking

In addition to my regret over their closing, the suddeness is not only a shock, but ghosting on customers is definitely not ok. To me it is indicative of what must have been a terribly dire situation for Equus, and anger over unfulfilled orders and lack of communication is certainly legit.

msimon

Reaction score
How did you proceed?. My bank, Lloyds bank in the UK gave my money back way faster then what I thought they would.

All visa transactions are protected against such reasons.

StephenJB

Reaction score
How did you proceed?. My bank, Lloyds bank in the UK gave my money back way faster then what I thought they would.

My experience with Lloyds Bank is different to yours. All things are possible, but I think I can see who is going to end out of pocket here.

shipbroker

Reaction score

I’m based on Singapore, and paid with my Singapore debit card which is making things complicated. Local bank has asked a bunch of question but no reply

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads