Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

:) Always good to see much loved belts!

2. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

How do you apply the renovateur? Just rub it in, let it sit for a while and then brush it off with a horsehair brush?

3. Equus Leather

Exactly that, though a soft cloth works as well. The instructions say to apply, leave for 3 mins and then rub/brush off, I find you need to make sure its dried first which might take a little longer depending on how much you put on.

Charlie

4. dijor

dijor Senior member

Can I pre-order a damascus buckle please with a scott belt?

5. Equus Leather

We havent 100% finalised the price as yet, but certainly I'd be happy to reserve a buckle and a place in the queue for you if that would help? The buckle supply will be very limited so a good idea to reserve one if you want one

Charlie

6. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

HI Charlie,
    I wonder if you could offer any advice. All my belts get this little damage spot from rubbing against the rivet of my jeans. It took me months to figure that out but now its clear. I've since covered the rivet with a tiny piece of duct tape to ensure no further damage. Is there anything I can do to mitigate the damage already done?

It's not all that noticeable until I remove the belt but it sure bothers me. If I suffered a scratch on a pair of calf shoes, I'd brush it, add a bit of cream polish, them brush some more. It usually covers up any scuffs. With shell cordovan footwear, I use a deer bone to rub out the scuffs. It really works wonders. Some folks use the back of a spoon to smooth out inconsistencies, then polish over it.

I don't want to add any polish to the belts, but I wonder if the deer bone or spoon trick would help. I'd liken the bridle leather more to shell than my calf shoes in terms of durability.

[​IMG]

7. Equus Leather

Hmm, thats quite a tricky one. Dents are difficult to remove, bridle leather is dense so a dent is difficult to push out. You could try a deer bone, its an old tricky in the saddlery trade as well as the shoe trade. The difficult thing is not to mark the surrounding area - you'd need to have the bone run the whole width if the belt so you dont get a line where you've been - certainly worth a try to see what happens. My other thought is a bit more of a pain for you, but it seems to me the marks are unattractive and obvious because they've obliterated the crease mark. If you send them to us we can run a creasing iron back down the line and try to restablish the definition of the line which might aesthetically sort it out. It might work and it might not, we cant use heat with the London Tan belt (the line would change colour) but we can with the Aus Nut belt. Hope thats a bit of help. Badly placed rivet by the jeans makers! Charlie

8. Riva

Riva Senior member

This is why everyone should have at least 1 tan belt. It's so fresh but can be used in any outfit from semi formal to sporty ones. I'd get another one from Equus if I don't already have 3.

[​IMG]

9. dijor

dijor Senior member

Very nice buckle when is this buckle to order?

10. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

patrick_b: I*ve had the same problem with Jeans...it just adds to the character of the belt...give it time and it alls adds to individuality and character...

11. Equus Leather

The inevitable answer is "soon" :) We've had the prototypes from the maker but we havent had the first batch yet. Given they're a new design I want to wait for the first shipment to arrive before I put them on the website so we know for sure they are right. I hope we'll also have 2 more new designs in the same shipment, plus we have a couple of reworkings of current designs in the pipeline

Hope that helps a bit!

Charlie

12. nhannon

nhannon Senior member

Is there a calf option for the replacement strap?

13. Equus Leather

Not on the website but its something we do as a bespoke product. We actually do it quite frequently really. The Calf Lined and Raised is effectively what you'll get but made around your existing buckle

Drop me an email or pm if you want to chat through the specifics

Charlie

14. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

Looking at the bridle watch straps. Is it possible to get them to less than 4mm thick?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014

15. Equus Leather

Yes, definiltley. In fact generally they are, the text on the website lags behind product development a little. As a generalisation they will be around 2 1/2mm at the edges and around 3 1/2mm in the centre at the watch end, tapering down towards 3mm at the end of the strap. Thats about the limit to how thin we can make them in bridle at the moment though.

The goatskin straps are a little thinner again if thats your primary criteria?

Charlie