• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some photos for you all. This is a prototype damascus buckle just received from Japan. Completely hand made for us by a master knife maker. I like it, its unusual, genuinely unique as every buckle has its own damascus patterns and rather subtle. We've wanted a damascus buckle for ages, hopefully we've found one!

Charlie

Count me in...prices please!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really pleased people like them. I loved it when I saw it but nice to see Im not the only one.

Pricing is yet to be determined but I think is likely to be around an additional £75 per belt. I thought originally they might have been more by the time we've got them made and into the country given the skill and craftsmanship involved but we've managed to keep the costs more or less under control. Initially it looks like they'll be 1 1/2" only but we'll work on getting them in smaller sizes as well, particularly 1 1/4"

Will keep everyone updated as ever.

We also have a small quantity of black iron buckles we're going to make Russet belts from. They are individually handmade by a Japanese blacksmith from traditional iron temple nails - different look than most of our work, but rather cool and I love genuinely craftsman made things. Once we've one made up I'll post some photos.

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That sounds interesting too - what is the width going to be on these? I have found I don't get on with much over 1 1⁄4".

1 1/2" for these, though each buckle is different as they are hand forged so there may be slightly narrow ones down to 1 3/8"

Charlie

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah too bad the damascus steel won't be available in 1 1/4 anytime soon. I wanted to get some bakers belts with them. BTW, how would I go about getting some samples?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ah too bad the damascus steel won't be available in 1 1/4 anytime soon. I wanted to get some bakers belts with them. BTW, how would I go about getting some samples?

The Bakers belts suit 1 1/2" quite well, I think the Balers London Tan with a Damascus buckle would be spectacular! We will try to get them in 1 1/4" though, its a size that suits the shape and elegance of the buckle.

Drop me a pm or email with your address and we can get some out in the post

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How much would the Baker's russet with black iron buckle be, Charlie?

Hi Ozzy,

We haven't priced the Wakugi buckles formally as yet, but around £130 is a reasonable estimate without VAT.

Quick photos - they aren't brilliant but give you an idea

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, we have a new website! Same address, new look. Hopefully it will give you a better shopping experience along with a greater feel for who we are and what we do. We've made it clearer on how you can customise all of your bespoke items and added the sample packs as a product to order - remember, we post these FREE to anywhere in the world.

As ever, a discount code is available 'NEWSITE14' gives you 14% discount on your cart.

Some other new features:

• You can now chose a courier option for delivery, rather than just Royal Mail.
  • Improved choice of leather and buckle care products, including Saphir!
  • Online order management when you log into your account.

First online order gets a free Care Kit (Leather Care, Renaissance Wax & PreLim) :)

This has been a labour of love for Charlie and I as we've done the majority of it ourselves....inevitably there will be the odd mistake somewhere so please do give us your feedback, both positive and negative. Hopefully the problems our friends in the Far East had checking out on the old website are now long gone.

Dawn

Last edited:

trum01

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, we have a new website! Same address, new look. Hopefully it will give you a better shopping experience along with a greater feel for who we are and what we do. We've made it clearer on how you can customise all of your bespoke items and added the sample packs as a product to order - remember, we post these FREE to anywhere in the world.

As ever, a discount code is available 'NEWSITE14' gives you 14% discount on your cart.

Some other new features:
  • You can now chose a courier option for delivery, rather than just Royal Mail.
  • Improved choice of leather and buckle care products, including Saphir!
  • Online order management when you log into your account.

First online order gets a free Care Kit (Leather Care, Renaissance Wax & PreLim)
smile.gif

This has been a labour of love for Charlie and I as we've done the majority of it ourselves....inevitably there will be the odd mistake somewhere so please do give us your feedback, both positive and negative. Hopefully the problems our friends in the Far East had checking out on the old website are now long gone.

Dawn

Great, I expect to make my first order soon and I'm in the "far east" :).

How long is the discount code valid for?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I found a few glitches with the new website.

1) The 1 1/4 inch belt option is not possible with some buckle options in various Bakers belts.

2) The cowdray suede belt is showing double the options.

3) Not a glitch but it seems the prices of your belts increased post-website change?

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I think I found a few glitches with the new website.

1) The 1 1/4 inch belt option is not possible with some buckle options in various Bakers belts.

2) The cowdray suede belt is showing double the options.

3) Not a glitch but it seems the prices of your belts increased post-website change?

Hi Ironist,

Thanks - will look into the glitches ASAP.

Some prices have had a small increase - the website upgrade has not been cheap and leather gets more and more expensive to buy, the leather market is massively cut throat at the moment, but we have also changed the format of how the prices are shown by removing increments and incorporating them into the base prices, so any increases aren't as steep as they may initially look. We've also changed how shipping works so the rates are calculated on the fly which has overall reduced the postage charge. For e.g. 1 belt shipped to the US is now 30% cheaper to ship than with the old website. All in all I suspect people will pay about the same per order, or that was our intention anyway :)

Also, remember that those non-EU customers won't be charged the 20% VAT charge, and there's no charge for any of our samples to be shipped around the world :)

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great, I expect to make my first order soon and I'm in the "far east" :).

How long is the discount code valid for?

Fab - its always been somewhat of an embaresment the old website failed sporadically for orders to Singapore and Hong Kong for reasons I could never replicate.

Coupon is valid until next Sat - feel free to share :)

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think we've managed to prevail regarding getting the Damascus buckles in 1 1/4". Ive put in our order and I'll post them here when the buckles are made and here in the UK. Looking forward to getting them!

Ive had lots of pms and feedback re the website - thanks again everyone

Charlie

Some photos for you all. This is a prototype damascus buckle just received from Japan. Completely hand made for us by a master knife maker. I like it, its unusual, genuinely unique as every buckle has its own damascus patterns and rather subtle. We've wanted a damascus buckle for ages, hopefully we've found one!

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads