1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Per yesterday's post, here's a quick shot of the West End Bridle in burgundy with brass buckle. The burgundy color is what drew me in and its versatility is astounding. It pairs well with traditional burgundy footwear as well as the darker color 8 found in Alden's shell offerings. I'd really hoped that the subtle nature of Equus' burgundy would allow it to work with dark brown and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it does.

I went a bit wider than a traditional dress belt at 1 3/8" and it allows me to bring just one belt for business travel. I can pair it with a sport coat and wool trousers for the work day and with chinos or denim for casual evenings.

[​IMG]

L - R:

Allen Edmonds calf Tresana in "Cabernet Brown" (it's a real dark brown with hints of red/burgundy in the sun)
    Alden shell Cap Toe boot in color #8
    AE shell Macneil in burgundy
    Alden shell PTB in cigar

As I sit here, I'm already considering my next Equus makeup. Perhaps something in the 1 1/4" size, Australian Nut with a polished buckle.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Navy belt to match my navy shoes.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Ordered a navy and a hazel, getting ready for a year back in business school. Think I can get away with #8 shoes and a dark Havana? Or should I look into Aus Nut/Burgundy

4. chev4x4

chev4x4 Senior member

Any Father's Day promotion?

5. TurboTropic

TurboTropic Senior member

Just placed an order today after receiving my free leather samples. Great customer service.

Can't wait for my 1.25" Hazel w/ West End Stainless Steel buckle to arrive.

Thanks Charlie!

6. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The photos a couple of posts up are probably a good guideline for the #8 . I think Burgundy would be your best match, it has enough red to provide a good match to the darker areas - Dark Havanna is lovely, but is definitely a brown, it doesnt have any red at all so to me doesnt match the character very well, though certainly you could wear the two together without a problem if you wanted. Very happy to send samples as ever!

Charlie

7. Equus Leather

There wasn't, but why not! The coupon fd12% will get you 12% of your shopping cart until close of play on Monday. I would say though that Fathers Day presents ordered now will be late - remember we have a waiting list of a calendar month or so, plus shipping, we make everything to order. We can happily make up owners certificates so you have somthing for the day itself though..

Charlie

8. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Great! Just ordered the new suede belt!

9. Equus Leather

Fab! Hoping the dark brown will arrive shortly, I'll post photos when it does..

Charlie

10. MoldyBiscuit

MoldyBiscuit Active Member

Looking forward to this!

Is there any store in London that stocks Equus products, Charlie?

11. Equus Leather

At the moment we only sell direct so I'm afraid not, no. Ive always preferred for us to deal direct with our customers so we can make sure you get exactly what you want. We are slowly getting our heads round the idea we need some international/major city distributers so people can see our work first hand in the flesh and to help us spread the message a bit further (such as it is!), so in a year or two there probably will be though. In the meantime we send leather samples all around the world for free so if you'd like to see some of our leathers just let me know and we'll put some in the post, I'm also more than happy to help with sizes, buckles, etc etc

Hope that helps!

Charlie

12. Equus Leather

Hi All,

The dark brown suede has jus arrived, photos soon! In the meantime as ever if anyone would like a sample just let me know and we'll get them in the post asap

Charlie

13. Equus Leather

Some quick photos - not the best, suede is very hard to photograph well - better pictures in due course

The suede belts are here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Samples of both colours are on their way or will be shortly to all who asked for them

Charlie

14. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Charlie I'm interested in buying a belt from you, the commitment you show to your customers by virtue of your posts in this thread is very pleasing.

Could you please suggest a buckle that looks similar to this?

http://www.meermin.es/fotos/articulos/373_big.jpg

Something silver, and dead simple is my preference.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  15. joiji

joiji Senior member

1.25" Belts in Black, Dark Havanna, Australian Nut and Burgundy. Hardware is satin stainless steel.

[​IMG]

16. Equus Leather

Great photo :)

17. Equus Leather

That buckle is very close to our West End. In bright white like that we have Pewter and normally Stainless Steel but they are out of stock at the moment. We also have solid Nickel and Brass in a yellow/white and a gold colour respectively. You cant really go wrong with this style of buckle, its simple, elegant and goes with more or less anything. I have Nickel West Ends on all my belts

You can see the belt here

I hope that helps!

Charlie

18. the_sulks

the_sulks Senior member

I bought your burgundy belt. It looks more like dark brown especially in the office with low light. This burgundy hue lacks of red.

19. Equus Leather

It does, I agree. We make specific note in the leather colours page that it isnt an oxblood colour and try to photograph it as accurately as possible. We carry the colour because it is a nice rich shade and that matches Horween #8 shell rather well. If I could get an Oxblood colour we'd sell that as well, particularly in the UK where Oxblood is more popular. For anyone trying to get an exact colour I always encourage people to have some samples that we send free anywhere in the world. Sorry if it wasnt exactly the shade you were expecting, we do our best to represent all the colours fairly

Charlie

20. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I went with that shade specifically for its versatility. Per my earlier post, it works with Alden Color 8, AE burgundy shell and just as well with the dark brown calf, cigar shell, etc. It can be used with virtually everything I wear. It is the "One" belt.

1 person likes this.