• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EpauletxAlden Special Make Up Thread

Which make up would you commit to from EpauletxAlden?

• #4 Tanker - Barrie Last, All Eyelets, Antique Edge, Commando Sole

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • #4 Tanker - Tremont Last, All Eyelets, Antique Edge, Commando Sole

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Scotch Grain Calf Tanker - Barrie Last, All Eyelets, Antique Edge, Commando Sole

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Scotch Grain Calf Tanker - Tremont Last, All Eyelets, Antique Edge, Commando Sole

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • #4 LWB - Barrie Last, Double Leather Sole, Antique Edge

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • #4 LWB - Tremont Last, Double Leather Sole, Antique Edge

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

gracian

Reaction score

We have 14 total votes so far for this SWB. Do you think this is enough to start a preorder Mike? The waterlock soles have slightly outedged the commandos 7 to 5, with a few votes for leather.

yulun405

Reaction score
Are we still planning on doing the cigar SWB? I voted on it but haven't seen any update for a while.

tmw

Reaction score
Does anyone have interest in a Ravello belt? They are terrific but basically unobtainable. Shoemart has had them on order from Alden for about two years. Maybe Mike can speak to them for us? Maybe it's easier to have a run made because of the smaller quantity and easier production compared to shoes/boots?

Hell, I'd be glad to pay 50% in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on one in less than a year. Anyone else interested?

Mike, I bet you could sell one hundred of these things without even trying..

montor

Reaction score
Does anyone have interest in a Ravello belt? They are terrific but basically unobtainable. Shoemart has had them on order from Alden for about two years. Maybe Mike can speak to them for us? Maybe it's easier to have a run made because of the smaller quantity and easier production compared to shoes/boots?
Hell, I'd be glad to pay 50% in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on one in less than a year. Anyone else interested?
Mike, I bet you could sell one hundred of these things without even trying..

I vote for it.

yulun405

Reaction score

From my understanding there is a Cigar LWB in the makes, but no word on the SWB. Maybe message Mike directly?

Mike said in the Epaulet thread both Cigar LWB and SWB will be coming for special order.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for your patience! Okay, the Shortwing Blucher Order is online now and open until next Saturday. As always, PM me if you need your size added to the selection.

Alden Cigar Shortwing Blucher DEPOSIT: $325

In terms of the Longwing, I'm not sure where we ended up with details. Here's the thing - if you guys want the basic Longwing style in Cigar (double leather sole, blind eyelets, Barrie last), then you're better off waiting for it to pop up at the Shoe Mart. They run stuff like that all of the time. For a preorder project, we might as well make something unique and rugged. How about matched metal eyelets, storm welt, and a commando sole? Make it a tough-ass longwing!

Virchow

Reaction score
In terms of the Longwing, I'm not sure where we ended up with details. Here's the thing - if you guys want the basic Longwing style in Cigar (double leather sole, blind eyelets, Barrie last), then you're better off waiting for it to pop up at the Shoe Mart. They run stuff like that all of the time. For a preorder project, we might as well make something unique and rugged. How about matched metal eyelets, storm welt, and a commando sole? Make it a tough-ass longwing!

I don't want to speak for anyone else but I like the matching eyelets and storm welt. Commando sole isn't ideal but I guess that can always be changed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads