1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

What's the ETA again on that balmoral shell boot? Was it September or October?

2. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

I'm hoping you guys can help me with Carmina sizing. I'm an 11E in the AE 5-last and a 10.5D in the Alden Barrie (although I could use a tad wider - Trubalance fits perfect).

I am really interested in the Carver Chelsea boot Epaulet sells, but I'm worried the stock width would be too narrow for me. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Would an 11.5D perhaps work for me?

If I can get comfortable with Carmina sizing, I might have to become a regular in this thread :slayer:

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Special Order Midnight Calf / Navy Suede Jodphur Boot

Hey guys, the preorder is up!

[​IMG]
    Special Order Midnight Calf / Suede Jodphur Boot

This is going to be an incredible makeup! The final price is $695, including shoe trees. This item is for the $350 non-refundable deposit. Ordering is open until Monday, August 20th at midnight EST.

If you have any questions at all, please drop me a PM. As this is on the Rain last, it's only available in medium widths - it's unfortunately not possible to offer it in wides or narrows. We built out sizes UK6 through UK12, but I may be able to do smaller or larger than that if you need it. And let me know if you size sells out and we can add more stock to it.

Thanks!

4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Order placed :slayer:

This is gonna be sickkkk

5. diglett

diglett Senior member

Hey Mike, just a heads up: The total cost under "Pricing & Terms" is listed as $685 instead of $695 like it is everywhere else.

6. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

Mike,

Absolutely amazing!!

Thanks again!

Going to be completing the trifecta of boots and placing my order.

Thanks

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Sounds very similar to how I size and I wear 11 in the forest last for the width, though it is a tad long. I think 11.5 may be far to long for you. Others should be able to tell you more about the rain last.

8. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

can we get the ball rolling on a wholecut?

9. scb

scb Senior member

would love some of these, but no wide widths :(

10. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

+1

11. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Wide-footed people need Carmina MTO love, too :(

12. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

order placed!

I've yet to even see a pair of Carmina's in real life, however I've ordered all 3 boots for preorder!

I can't wait to receive them!

13. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

What size would I take in the Rain last if I wear a U.S. 10.5 D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, Johnston and Murphy, and Cole Haan? Trying to nail down the fit before I place my order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

My Brannock size is 9D and own a pair of AE Elgins (same last as Park Ave) in size 8.5D as well as a pair of Carmina in Rain last in size UK8. The Elgin feels bigger on my feet, though it is not loose and I feel it is correctly sized. The Carmina feels pretty much perfect on my feet, and I imagine that's how a bespoke pair of shoes might fit on me (I've never owned actual bespoke shoes though). I have been told by an AE SA that the Elgin fits a little bigger than Park Aves even though they share the same last, so do keep that in mind.

15. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see what's next after the Jodhpur's.
    I'm kicking myself for not browsing SW&D more often, those bal boots are both stunning.

16. Epaulet

Agreed. I'm thinking that we should do a Forest last makeup in midnight calf that we can offer in wides.

What do you guys think of a really tough Longwing?. Brass eyelets. Storm welt. Natural edge and leather sole, or York Sole with the mid-brown sole. We could do this as a wingtip boot too. I'll have the "Steinbeck" model to show you within a week, which is our chunkier version of the Sinclair.

Outside of wings, we could do a cool perforated captoe boot. Even that immortal "Obscura" shape.

Thank you sir!

I'm thinking a size 9.5UK. I'm not too familiar with Cole Haan's and J&M's, but the Park Avenue is often held up as a standard of "true to size." Most guys would drop a full size from there for the Carmina UK size.

Sure. Midnight calf? Want to do a medallion or no?

17. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I wear a 9.5D US in Cole Haan and Allen Edmonds 2-222 last and an 8.5 UK in Carmina Rain and Inca lasts.

18. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

can we see if we can get enough takers for a brown as well as navy (preference for brown)? with or without medallion ...

i'm in

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  19. Epaulet

20. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm going with 9.5 UK.