• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

runningfrog

Reaction score

We've got three other shoes in the pipeline. I'm just waiting for the final cost pricing from Carmina. I should get it Monday-Tuesday, as they were at Pitti all last week. They are:
1. Forest Last Bal Boot in Chocolate Suede/Chocolate Calf
2. Forest Last Bal Boot in all Black Scotchgrain with Dainite Sole
3. Rain Last Austerity Brogue in Cognac Python

mike - are the python austerity brogues going up for pre-order soon? do you know how the rain last fits compared to the robert last? i have a captoe oxford in the robert last and they fit pretty well. i was thinking of getting the same size (uk7).

the caramel wholecut sounds pretty sweet, i might be in on that as well. is the caramel color similar to cognac? these look amazing: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640209

please keep the next set of carmina pre-orders up past july 9th. i'll be backpacking next week in jasper/banff with limited internet access until the 8th. :)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Thanks for your patience, I built out the other three styles last night. Everything is now available for preorder! Here's the links below: The new styles are open until 7/16.

The pricing came out pretty good too - it's going to be $685 for the two non-shell bal boots and $750 for the Python brogues. Carmina shoe trees are included.

Special Order Black Scotchgrain Bal Boot DEPOSIT
This is the exact boot that we'll be making

Special Order Calf and Suede Bal Boot DEPOSIT
This is the exact boot that we'll be making

Special Order Cognac Python Cordovan Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT
These are going to be incredible! I can't tell you guys how excited I am for them. They'll be the mens version of Betty's Python brogues, in the cognac brown colorway. Good lord.

And here are the two Navy Shell preorders which are up until 7/9.

Special Order Navy Shell Cordovan Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT

Special Order Navy Shell Cordovan Double Monk DEPOSIT

Please shoot me any questions if you have them. The Rain last is pretty similar to the Forest and the Robert, so most guys will get a great fit by ordering the same size.

Last edited:

0waterbouys

Reaction score
Just put my order in for both bal boots!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks a ton for putting this together!

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, not sure if it is just me, but when I try to order the suede/calf bal boot, the checkout screen shows a total payment due of $500. But the deposit is only $350. Maybe there is a mistake on the back end. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Last edited:

thecool85

Reaction score
Mike, not sure if it is just me, but when I try to order the suede/calf bal boot, the checkout screen shows a total payment due of $500. But the deposit is only $350. Maybe there is a mistake on the back end. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Nope. It's not just you. I had the same issue.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ Ah, sorry guys, that's my fault. I copied the shell bal boot item (which was $500) and it looks like I neglected to update the price on a few individual size variants. I'll check it over and get it fixed tonight. If anyone overpaid on a deposit, we'll refund the difference back to your account.

Kingcarn

Reaction score
In for the pebble grain boots, but if there aren't enough takers and the calf/suede boots are a go, I will gladly switch.

Sandalwood

Reaction score
Mike:

Any update on a revised Sinclair boot for the fall? I don't see it listed on the preorder page. Thanks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay guys, pricing issue should be fixed.

If you have any other problems or you need a wide size added onto the breakdown, please just drop Matt a PM at leftofthedial and he'll hook it up for you.

In for the pebble grain boots, but if there aren't enough takers and the calf/suede boots are a go, I will gladly switch.

Thank you, we'll note this. I'm pretty sure that we'll be good to go on both of them though - we've taken quite a few orders already.

Mike:

Any update on a revised Sinclair boot for the fall?  I don't see it listed on the preorder page.  Thanks.

At the moment we have the Sinclair in-bound for Sept 15th in Cognac Shell. There's no preorder needed - it's going to be a normal production piece for us. After I get back to the States next week I'm going to hash out the details of the Styleforum Sinclair project and get it online ASAP.

Artking3

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting both boots. I have a question about the Forest Last. I have shoes in the Inca and Rain Last, should I just get the same size for the boots in the Forest Last? Do I need to size down a half size and go Wide?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm thinking of getting both boots. I have a question about the Forest Last. I have shoes in the Inca and Robert Last, should I just get the same size for the boots in the Forest Last? Do I need to size down a half size and go Wide?

I have the wingtip boot on the Forest last as well and a pair of double monks on the Inca and they are both the same size.

Yes, going for the same size would be the scenario for most of our customers. The Inca is one of the widest lasts that Carmina uses, but if you can fit the Robert comfortably, then the Forest should be right-on in the same size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics