1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Wear with a suit, sure. Wear with all suits, no.

Both the Faulkner and Steinbeck could fit well with a tweed "country" suit etc, but not with a more formal suit. That said, I still think this is as close as CXL has ever come to filling that role, no?

Looking forward to more Epaulet x Carmina makeups in this vein.

2. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

That makes sense to me.

3. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I didn't think about tweed and it makes since to me...a nice heavy tweed.

I ordered the black cap toe scotch grain boot to go with a suit or flannel pants/sport coat.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

First off, huge thanks to everyone who preordered the Midnight Jodphur! We're submitting the order tomorrow, and that thing is going to be amazing! We're really excited for that.

And thank you for the warm reception to the Faulkner/Steinbeck models. It's really exciting - these more substantial styles are a bit of a departure for Carmina, and I think that it's something that they do very well. We're going to definitely develop some more product in this direction.

In other news, we received our first delivery of Carmina belts. We have black calf, chocolate calf, and snuff suede. I'll get them online this week.

Actually, we've got the Fitzgerald Shortwing already in Grey Calf - I still have some sizes left on that.

But yes, I'll put together an order for a Midnight wholecut this week and we can certainly get that going as a project. I'll also get a swatch for the infamous Navy python captoe bal project :slayer:

Great minds think alike. This EXACT item is already on order with Carmina - sizes 7UK through 11UK.

Once I saw (1) how freaking nice Burgundy shell is and (2) how good the Steinbeck came out, I ordered this the night that the Steinbeck arrived. If anyone needs a size outside of that range or a wide, drop me a PM and I can put you onto the order.

Agreed. Although you could probably get away with matching the Faulkner to a traditional Super 120s suit, both of those styles are probably better matched to a suit in a thicker, textured fabric. Tweeds and flannels are excellent. Moleskin too.

5. diglett

diglett Senior member

Hngg! I just received my snuff monks today and already love them, so I will almost certainly be picking up a snuff belt. What will the price be for that? I might have done a bit too much pre-semester shopping [​IMG]

6. Cuttingboard

Same here...need a snuff suede belt for my Austerity Brogues.

Is it OK to wear suede in the fall?

7. applky

applky Senior member

Yes, definitely -- especially given the places you live in (based on your "location" by your screen name).

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

definitely....the Austerity Brogue looks like the perfect fall shoe IMO

9. Christoph

Christoph Senior member

Shot you a private message about the carmina belts as well as another question. I've been eyeing those belts on Carmina's website for a while now, will have to order one from you ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  10. pikachoo

pikachoo Senior member

Estimated time of arrival please?

11. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

This question was actually asked many many pages back, but I couldn't find an answer:

Is it possible to do a Carmina x Epaulet MTO in Horween Chamois?

12. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Any plans for Austerity brogue in calf?

13. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I was wondering the same thing. I'd really like a pair in plain black calf!

14. Cuttingboard

I need a pair of these badly...does Epaulet plan to carry the Carmina wingtip?

[​IMG]

15. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

What's everyones talk on the Shell Cordovan Wingtips - Burgundy vs Saddle?

I am leaning towards Saddle because i already have #8 shells... but is the Saddle versatile enough?!?!?! that is the question.

16. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Personally, I think the burgundy is more versatile than the saddle being a darker shoe. I have the saddle wingtip boot though which is beautiful and goes well blue wool and also with dark denim.

17. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Id be in on a black wingtip!

18. UnreasonableMan

UnreasonableMan Well-Known Member

Any interest in a dark brown suede jodhpur boot with the cross strap and a brass (gold tone) buckle. Basically the same last and style as the midnight calf boot but in dark brown suede with a brass buckle instead of silver tone.
    [​IMG]
    This is JL but essentially the style/color but in suede.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  19. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

I'm down for a Jodphur boots like above in either dark brown / black (maybe even made with cordovan compared to calf) for a good Fall boots?

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Apologies that I've been MIA on this thread for a little bit - catching up with all of our Fall goods that arrived. Here's things from my side:

Fantastic, glad that you like them! Thanks for picking them up.

The first three Carmina belts are in stock and online. Here's the links:

[​IMG]
    Carmina Snuff Suede Dress Belt: $175

[​IMG]
    Carmina Chocolate Calf Dress Belt: $175

[​IMG]
    Carmina Black Calf Dress Belt: $175

Burgundy Shell Steinbecks should be here around late October.

It's possible, but not that likely. Because Horween's on a separate continent, they've got pretty large minimums for leather. I was able to wrange the Natural and Brown CXL because we intend to do a bunch of makeups in that. Chamois doesn't have that same wide appeal, so it would be tough to commit to all of the leather required just to do the first run.

That said, it's entirely possible to find an equivalent, similar leather that's tanned in Europe. I like the hand and the feeling of Chamois very much, and I'm sure that they have access to a similar nubuck style leather.

Yup, it's already on order in Chocolate Calf. I believe it's coming around the end of September.

This would be rad. We could certainly do a makeup of a simple black wingtip. Want to punch it out a little bit? We could do black metal eyelets, a dark brown sole, a mid-panel in black scotchgrain...

That would be absolutely beautiful in chocolate suede. Cognac (dark brown) cordovan is tight for the rest of 2012, but we could kind of reverse the midnight calf concept and do a dark brown suede body with a chocolate calfskin strap and gold tone hardware.

That would be a smooth operator!