• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What kind of pants would you guys wear with the Scotch grain boot? Since I no longer have to wear a tie to work, I was thinking flannel pants and sweater for fall/winter. What about jeans?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

But in all seriousness I'm going to wear them with charcoal/grey wool trousers and selvedge RRL officer chinos in Fall.

Denim and moleskin are also going to look really boss with these. We'll have a huge lineup of tweed trousers in the Fall which will also jive nicely.

Artking3

Reaction score

Yes, going for the same size would be the scenario for most of our customers. The Inca is one of the widest lasts that Carmina uses, but if you can fit the Robert comfortably, then the Forest should be right-on in the same size.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'll just get my usual size then.

I actually made a mistake, I have shoes in the Rain, not the Robert, Last.

Last edited:

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - I went to pay the deposit for the Special Order Black Scotchgrain Bal Boot and there's no 8.5UK/US9.5 size option. Suggestion?

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - I went to pay the deposit for the Special Order Black Scotchgrain Bal Boot and there's no 8.5UK/US9.5 size option. Suggestion?

The stock that we had loaded in the site for that size had all been ordered. I added more inventory, so it should be good to go!

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The stock that we had loaded in the site for that size had all been ordered. I added more inventory, so it should be good to go!

Thank you!

Wow...didn't realize that many people were interested in this boot...how many orders so far?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you usually wear the Sinclair Saddle Shell Shortwing* boots with? Anything up to a suit?

Sadly, I haven't worn my pair nearly as much as I should have. They're real beauties.

Also, rereading the description, what does "Saddle is a bit darker and paler than Whiskey" mean? How can they be darker and paler?

*I'm just referring to them as the SSSS boots from now on!
smile.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'll just get my usual size then.
I actually made a mistake, I have shoes in the Rain, not the Robert, Last.

Oh okay. Rain and Robert are pretty close, so I'd still advise the same on sizing.

Thank you!
Wow...didn't realize that many people were interested in this boot...how many orders so far?

The two bal boots are doing really well - I think about 16 units per style have already been ordered. We hit the minimum a while ago. Lots of guys have been ordering their size in both styles. They're going to be impossibly ace when they get delivered - we're really looking forward to it! Huge thanks to everyone for floating the ideas and participating.

What do you usually wear the Sinclair Saddle Shell Shortwing* boots with? Anything up to a suit?

Sadly, I haven't worn my pair nearly as much as I should have. They're real beauties.

Also, rereading the description, what does "Saddle is a bit darker and paler than Whiskey" mean? How can they be darker and paler?

*I'm just referring to them as the SSSS boots from now on! :)

Sure, they look great with suits - especially a navy suit. With the flat welt and blind eyelets, they look like dress shoes when covered by a trouser, so I think that they work well with any kind of dressed-up looks. They're also great with chinos (especially navy, olive, and grey tones) and denim.

For saddle shell, I'd say that it makes up a bit darker than Whiskey (more khaki, less butterscotch) and the color is paler and less saturated (more tan, less yellow). It varies quite a bit from batch to batch though, and both colors of shell darken significantly with age. After a year of wear, it's very hard to tell the difference between Saddle and Whiskey.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to see that they are doing so well. I was concerned since I didn't see much fan-fare regarding the scotch-grain boot.

I'm beginning to think about a spring/summer style...maybe the Carmina Burnished green loafer? When would be have to order for the shoe to be delivered in early April?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With full credit given to The Armoury:

These are nice.

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With full credit given to The Armoury:

These are nice.

Any chance we could do this in saddle shell? I have the almost identical version in Alden's tan suede and its my fave summer shoe. In saddle shell, this could be my go to fall/spring shoe.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, I had sort of thought saddle shell as well. Though I do love this suede version, and I suppose if I do, I should just buy it from The Armoury...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads