• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet & Styleforum Double Faced Shirt Poll

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of flap pocket. Also, I'm the odd man out and prefer the black blue and red

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
I like that one too - I hope it catches up.

Yeah, the grape is too similar to the Fall purple flannel. I'd prefer the other blue/red or the blue/brown instead of the grape.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too similar? Bullshit. :p

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Too similar? Bullshit. :p

Can't get enough grape eh?
laugh.gif

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I'd rather not do the bias cut, but button flap pocket is definitely possible. Would you guys dig that?

would definitely buy if made in the cream.

hnlax

Reaction score
Since it looks like cream is dominating and that i will therefore most likely be buying one, how does epaulet's sizing usually run. i know they have measurements on the site, but i'm always between a medium and large. are they slim mediums or regular sized mediums? i'm a BoO lg...so what size am i in epaulet?

mfais

Reaction score
is this fabric a gingham and plaid stuck or sewn together or is it just 1 piece of fabric where they printed 2 prints on both sides of 1 cloth? wanna figure out if it'll be too hot too wear during the summer...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
Since it looks like cream is dominating and that i will therefore most likely be buying one, how does epaulet's sizing usually run. i know they have measurements on the site, but i'm always between a medium and large. are they slim mediums or regular sized mediums? i'm a BoO lg...so what size am i in epaulet?

I've had the same problem. I'd be a sure-fire medium in Epaulet shirting were it not for the darts. The mediums actually look really good on me, but they get a little snug in the stomach area because of the darting if I have a big meal/booze too much.

Thankfully, Mike has shirts designed so the measurements are only slight jumps from one size to the next. Usually when I want to size up to a large in a slimmer shirt, I have to do so knowing that the shoulders will be a touch big. With Epaulet shirts, it's only a half-inch increase, rather than the typical one-inch jump.

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I've had the same problem. I'd be a sure-fire medium in Epaulet shirting were it not for the darts. The mediums actually look really good on me, but they get a little snug in the stomach area because of the darting if I have a big meal/booze too much.

Thankfully, Mike has shirts designed so the measurements are only slight jumps from one size to the next. Usually when I want to size up to a large in a slimmer shirt, I have to do so knowing that the shoulders will be a touch big. With Epaulet shirts, it's only a half-inch increase, rather than the typical one-inch jump.

thanks a lot for the input. Judging by the fact that the model is 5'10" 190 and wearing a lg, I figure I'll go with the large. I'm an inch shorter and 15 or so lbs lighter, but the stomach on the short sleeve that they have up looks snug. I'm not fat, but

I don't have a six pack either

really helpful post, apk. I couldn't have asked for a better response. If you don't mind me asking, what are your measurements?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads