• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Todd V

Reaction score
Now we are talking. This corduroy thing is interesting!

Not sure yet if it's for me yet. But, I love the idea.

jms

Reaction score
In the spirit of New Year's resolutions, it looks like @Epaulet has promised a bounty! Here's what I've cataloged for the whiteboard:
  • Create a status page for special order projects
  • Back up the trunk on trunk shows in 2020
  • Encourage more posted photos, possibly via a dedicated thread and with monthly contests
  • Show people what to "wear this crazy parka with"
  • Shoot some projects on a new model (even a mannequin) and give Jay a vacation day
  • Share more photos of custom projects
  • Cook up a wool Rivets and Wilhelms project, and a new Sashiko pant
  • Find a stockist partner in NYC and do a trunk show in March
  • Hemming service on non-MTO pant preorders (this is huge!)
  • Create a new casual pant MTO program with:
    • Four week maximum turnaround
    • Hemming service at no extra charge
    • Multiple button options
    • Interior pocket bag monogramming
  • Appear in more podcasts and media
  • Launch a new Aero project in early 2020
  • Tell everyone more about the Woolrich Dream Donegal (RIP, Woolrich)
  • Sweaters will reemerge in 2020
  • "Aqua Caliente" has been banished and will never return, unless someone orders it via the MTO Doyle program
  • And perhaps most importantly, maintain and grow this very thread and make it "the absolute best and most dynamic thread on this whole site in 2020."
If these items are realized, it's going to be a seriously gonzo and unstoppable 2020. It was great to meet you, @Epaulet, and Jacob from American Trench last month. Thanks for all the terrific conversations going on over ten years now...and more to come!

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay in the spirit of low-key previews on Styleforum, I have a unintentionally new Doyle for you.

We call this one "Murder Ink," and it's priced at $245. Five units are available in 36, 38, and 40

View attachment 1297536

If you've been following this thread, you might have seen the post where I talked about a dyeing error. I took 10 units of Doyles and wrote "Aqua Caliente" on the work ticket. I was thinking that I'd be clever with my amateurish Spanish skills. My intention was to hot wash the hell out of them to remove the starch and shrink them to approximately the same size as the color dyed units.

It backfired, and they assumed that I misspelled "Aqua," and dyed the jackets that color. And it was... pretty horrible. A bright aqua in something like linen or tropical wool might be dope. It's not dope at all in Sashiko.

So, we sourced a powerful jet black dye and murdered all of them out. This "murdering" was complete and the resulting products are freaking awesome. The color is entirely uniform and even the brown corozo nut buttons took the process. There were 10 jackets initially, but I took one.. the President of Individualized shirts got one, and I actually sold three of them in our studio. So there's 5 left. If you love the Doyle, go ahead and treat yourself.. you won't regret it! This is actually really rad in black.

My alternate name for this was "Smell the Sashiko"

NONE MORE BLACK!!! I just played the clip for my wife … we haven’t seen that movie in years! Soooo awesome!!!!

ljl

Reaction score
Awesome job getting this list together!

In the spirit of New Year's resolutions, it looks like @Epaulet has promised a bounty! Here's what I've cataloged for the whiteboard:
  • Encourage more posted photos, possibly via a dedicated thread and with monthly contests
  • Show people wh
  • In the spirit of New Year's resolutions, it looks like @Epaulet has promised a bounty! Here's what I've cataloged for the whiteboard:
    • Shoot some projects on a new model (even a mannequin) and give Jay a vacation day
    • "Aqua Caliente" has been banished and will never return, unless someone orders it via the MTO Doyle program
    • And perhaps most importantly, maintain and grow this very thread and make it "the absolute best and most dynamic thread on this whole site in 2020."
    [*]If these items are realized, it's going to be a seriously gonzo and unstoppable 2020. It was great to meet you, @Epaulet, and Jacob from American Trench last month. Thanks for all the terrific conversations going on over ten years now...and more to come!

• at to "wear this crazy parka with"
If these items are realized, it's going to be a seriously gonzo and unstoppable 2020. It was great to meet you, @Epaulet, and Jacob from American Trench last month. Thanks for all the terrific conversations going on over ten years now...and more to come!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
+1 for a wilhelm

Gotcha.. noted on that :)

I have a few other regular Wilhelm guys I can reach out to and see if they're interested.

Now we are talking. This corduroy thing is interesting!

Not sure yet if it's for me yet. But, I love the idea.

Thanks @Todd V ! Knowing your sizing, I think the Sinclair suit would work really well if you want to give it a try

Thank you so much for this awesome summary... it was great meeting you too!

And this means that you also know me really well, as I'm definitely the kind of person to respond to task lists and requests for follow ups. No one will ever accuse me of being "too organized."

Couple points that I can expound upon here:

1) Podcast and media thing is happening really soon. I'm going to Pitti with LA Guy and Urban Composition on January 6th, and we'll be shooting photos and video for the entire trip. This is the first time that I'm going to Pitti more as a journalist and attendee and less as a retailer. So expect a lot of content and pics then!

2) LOL I think that Agua Caliente is muerto por siempre

3) And yes, our January stock Rivets will launch our hemming option. I think that we can do it for a $10 upcharge, but it will include a final sale waiver.

NONE MORE BLACK!!! I just played the clip for my wife … we haven’t seen that movie in years! Soooo awesome!!!!

LOL Spinal Tap never gets old for me. Back in the days of the Manhattan store, I used to reference this clip all of the time:

We had a couple huge years of sales there, and even when business was insane, our events were always dead. Especially compared to Self Edge and Reed Space (a streetwear shop) which were on the same block. Which was fine... a lot of our customers have families and intense jobs, so they just didn't have the time to visit a store party, but it would cause us to throw around a hundred Artie Fufkin references.

I can't tell you how many times I yelled at Dylan... "I'm not asking you I'm TELLING YOU. KICK ******!" That clip never gets old!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Heads-up, going to be a bunch more samples and additions to the markdown section today in preparation for tomorrow's newsletter. We're going to be short staffed next week, so I'll try to do all of our shipping on Monday and Tuesday.

First things first... a customer in Europe bought these pants but then canceled them immediately. If you take a size 32 in our trousers, then you're going to love these Greenpoint samples in the OG Cav Twill:

GREENPOINT TROUSER IN HUDDERSFIELD CAVALRY TWILL SIZE 32: $175
Greenpoint_Twill_Front_2048x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads